The Perfect PA - For PAs & Executive Secretaries
'Learn To Excel In Executive Performance, By Organizing Your Boss And Your Staff Effectively'
Who Should Attend?
This course would ideally suit those currently working as a PA (Personal Assistant), or an Executive Secretary, who wish to refine and improve their current skills. It would also be beneficial for administration staff seeking promotion, or those who have been recently promoted to a more senior position.
About The Programme
For most organizations, the most valuable resource is executive performance. The PA takes responsibility for much of the organization and coordination of an office. It is a task which calls for excellent planning and organizing skills, the ability to solve problems, to be tactful, discreet, and possess effective communication skills. A great PA makes an enormous contribution to executive effectiveness and requires numerous professional skills to be successful in this role.
- To define and develop the skills and attributes of a highly effective PA
- To enhance the overall productivity of the manager / team, and ensure the smooth running of the office
- To plan, organize, and manage time more effectively
- To communicate confidently and professionally with colleagues and customers
- To deal with the additional pressures of supporting more than one person
- To deal professionally with difficult and challenging situations in the workplace
- To enhance your professional business writing skills
- To consider the implications of organizing business travel for your manager and team
- To revise and refresh the guidelines for handling all telephone calls in a professional and helpful manner
What You Will Gain
- A clear understanding of the role and responsibilities of the perfect PA
- An ability to organize yourself, your manager, and your team
- The development of a more proactive approach to the working day - and an understanding of the fundamentals of time management
- A method of planning and prioritising your workload
- Improved communication for dealing with colleagues and customers
- Improved knowledge of working effectively with colleagues and your manager
- The key elements of effective business writing
- Tips on how to arrange business travel, etc.
- Knowledge of how to utilise the telephone correctly in your organization
- Roles And Responsibilities Of A PA
- Skills And Qualities Of An Effective PA
- Making An Office Run As Smooth As Possible
- Managing The In-Tray And The Filing
>Why An In-Tray Is Essential
>How To Have An Organized In-Tray
>Tips For Efficient Filing
- Building Effective Relationships
>Understanding Different Behavioural Styles
>The Power Of Positive Thinking And Positive Words
- Understanding Your Manager
- Handling Stressful Or Conflict Situations At Work
- Planning And Organizing
- Some Helpful Tools For Organizing Your Tasks
- The 'Bring Forward' File
- Analysing Your Priorities
- Creating A Daily 'To-Do' List
- Managing Interruptions
- Making Travel Arrangements
- A Revision Of Business Writing Etiquette
>Some Tips For Clear And Concise Writing
>Beginnings And Endings For Business Correspondence
- Telephone Etiquette - The Basics
Delegate spaces available on the following course dates:
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 4,300/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.