Professional Secretarial & Administration Skills
'Enhancing Executive Performance - By Being The Best That You Can!'
Who Should Attend?
Those who are in a secretarial or administrative position, and who wish to improve their skills, or those who are about to be appointed to such a position.
About the Programme
Successful secretaries and administrators often require many of the same skills as senior staff in an organization. They are often the person in charge of the organization's correspondence. They are very often the first point of contact for visitors. Therefore they must display a highly professional image at all times. The role of being a professional secretary or administrator requires: excellent office skills, accurate filing, preparing for meetings, dealing with people, both on the telephone and faceto-face, exceptional interpersonal abilities, and first class business writing and communication skills. This programme covers all of these, and more.
- To understand the importance of effective administration skills within an organization
- To develop the skills needed to be a professional secretary
- To enhance your communication and interpersonal skills
- To manage your time efficiently and be able to think proactively
- To learn how to set up and manage effective filing systems
- To learn how to manage petty cash systems
- To understand how to manage stock and stationery supplies
- To enhance telephone skills and learn what to say, and what not to say
- How to be assertive and build a good rapport with your boss
What You Will Gain
- Practical skills and knowledge to improve the overall administration within your office, or organization
- A clear understanding of what makes a good secretary or administrator
- The ability to plan and prioritise time and activities
- Effective communication skills to deal successfully with colleagues and customers
Your Secretarial & Administrative Role
- Developing A Professional Image
> Professional Appearance
> Timekeeping & Punctuality
> Introduction To Office Ethics
> Identifying Stress
> Stress Busting Techniques
> Body Language, Words, & Tone Of Voice
> Active Listening
> Questioning For Clarity
- How To Improve Written Business Communication
- Telephone Skills
> How To Deal With Callers Professionally
> Telephone Etiquette
> The 'Do's & 'Do Not's Of Answering The Telephone
- Saying 'No' Constructively
- How To Effectively Handle Your Boss
- Day Two
- Planning & Prioritising
- Managing Your Key Result Areas & Tasks
- Effective Filing Systems
> Identifying Different Methods Of Filing & Selecting The Best One
> How To Ensure The Effectiveness Of Your Filing Systems
- Basic Finance
> Managing Petty Cash Systems
- Stock Control & Stationery
> Managing Stationery Supplies & Stock
2 Days - Non-Residential
Delegate spaces available on the following course dates:
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 4,100/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch & Refreshments. Discounts available for multiple bookings.