Professional Secretarial & Administration Skills
'Enhancing Executive Performance - By Being The Best That You Can!'
Who Should Attend?
Those employees who perform the tasks within a secretarial or administrative position, wishing to improve their skills, or those who are new to, or about to be appointed to such a position.
About the Programme
Successful secretaries and administrators often require many of the same skills as senior staff in an organization. They are often the person in charge of the organization's correspondence, and they are very often the first point of contact for visitors. Therefore they must display a highly professional image at all times. The role of being a professional secretary or administrator requires: excellent office skills, accurate filing, preparing for meetings, dealing with people, both on the telephone and faceto- face, exceptional interpersonal abilities, and first class business writing and communication skills. This programme covers all of these, and more.
- To understand the importance of effective administration skills within an organization
- To develop the skills needed to be a professional secretary
- To enhance your communication and interpersonal skills
- To manage your time efficiently and be able to think proactively
- To learn how to set up and manage effective filing systems
- To learn how to manage petty cash systems
- To understand how to manage stock and stationery supplies
- To enhance telephone skills and understand correct telephone etiquette
- How to be assertive and build a good rapport with your manager
What You Will Gain
- Practical skills and knowledge to improve the overall administration within your office, or organization
- A clear understanding of what makes a good secretary or administrator
- The ability to plan and prioritise time and activities
- Effective communication skills to deal successfully with colleagues and customers
- Your Secretarial & Administrative Role
- Developing An Appropriate Professional Image
> Professional Appearance In The Gulf
> Timekeeping & Punctuality
> Introduction To Office Ethics
> Identifying Stress
> Stress Busting Techniques
> Activities To Practise Using The Techniques DAY ONE
> Body Language, Words, & Tone Of Voice
> Active Listening
> Questioning For Clarity
- Effective Written Business Communication
> Correct Layout Of Letters And Emails
> Correct Use Of Salutations
> Basic Business English Punctuation And Grammar
- Telephone Skills
> How To Deal With Callers Professionally And Effectively
> Telephone Etiquette
> The 'Do's & 'Do Not's Of Answering The Telephone
- DAY TWO
- Saying 'No' Constructively And Giving Alternatives
- How To Effectively Handle Your Manager
- Planning & Prioritising
> Urgency And Importance
> ABC Method
- Managing Your Key Result Areas & Tasks
- Effective Filing Systems
> Identifying Different Methods Of Filing & Selecting The Best One
> How To Ensure The Effectiveness Of Your Filing Systems
- Basic Finance
> Understanding And Managing Petty Cash Systems
- Basic Stock Control & Stationery
> Managing Stationery Supplies & Stock
Delegate spaces available on the following course dates:
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 4,300/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch & Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.