Report Writing - How To Structure A Report For Maximum Effect
'Learn How To Write Well-Structured, Concise Reports That Get The Message Across Accurately, Clearly And Effectively'
Who Should Attend?
For managers, supervisors, sales personnel, office staff, etc., who are responsible for preparing reports as part of their job.
About the Programme
This two-day course is the ideal way to learn the skills of how to write effective reports that are easy to understand, and show consistency and professionalism.
- To improve the level of English in writing your reports
- To study the appropriate use of language in reports
- To develop a positive report style
- To effectively plan the layout and structure of a report
- To identify and obtain the right information
- To present well analysed results in a report
- To understand how to present information attractively and professionally
- Using the above skills, to prepare a well-structured report at the end of the course
What You Will Gain
- A clear understanding of how to plan and structure a report in a professional manner
- Practice in building the introduction, the main body, and the conclusion of an effective report
- The ability to compile a report in a logical sequence
- A guide to help recognise, and eliminate, common errors in report writing
- The ability to focus on the main purpose of the report
- The skills to maintain clarity in preparing your reports
- Types Of Business Reports
- The Purpose Of Business Reports
- The Skills Needed To Write Business Reports
- The Seven Steps To Creating A Professional Business Report
> Clarify The Objectives
> Determine The Scope
> Consider The Audience
> Obtain The Information
> AAnalyse The Information
> Determine The Solution
> Organize The Report
- Developing Your Style
- Language Choice
- Accuracy, Brevity & Clarity
- DAY TWO
- Designing The Structure - Beginning, Middle, End
- The Format Of A Report
- The Importance Of Attractive Presentation In A Report
- The Main Sections Of A Report
- Report Writing Practice
> Writing The Introduction
> Writing The Body Of A Report
> Writing Meaningful Conclusions & Recommendations
> Writing An Effective Executive Summary
- Proofreading & Editing
- The Use Of Graphics
- References, Glossary & Appendices
- Tutor Coaching & Feedback
Part of the course will involve each delegate planning, structuring & writing a full report.
2 Days - Non-Residential
Delegate spaces available on the following course dates:
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: Dhs 3,900/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch & Refreshments
"Great importance was given to each & every aspect of the course."