Effective Business Report Writing – How To Structure A Report For Maximum Effect
'Understand How To Write Well-Structured, Concise Reports That Send The Message Accurately, Clearly, And Effectively'
Who Should Attend?
For all employees who are responsible for preparing business and technical reports as part of their job.
About The Programme
This two-day course is the ideal way to learn the skills of how to write effective reports that are easy to understand, show consistency, and professionalism. The guidelines presented can be used for writing a range of different types of reports. This course will give you a systematic and easy to understand approach to report writing, and also help you choose the most effective layout and presentation style.
- To improve the level of English in writing your reports
- To enhance writing skills to get 'straight to the point', using effective sentences and paragraphs
- To develop a positive report-writing style
- To effectively plan the layout and structure of an effective report
- To have a clear understanding of the different sections within a report
- To identify and obtain the right information
- To present well analysed results in a report
- To understand how to present information attractively, professionally and effectively
- Using the above skills, to prepare a well-structured report at the end of the course
What You Will Gain
- A clear understanding of how to plan and structure a report in a professional manner
- Practice in building the introduction, the main body, and the conclusion of an effective report
- The ability to compile a report in a logical sequence
- A guide to help recognise, and eliminate, common errors in report writing
- The ability to focus on the main purpose of the report
- The skills to maintain clarity in preparing your reports
- Types Of Business Reports
- The Purpose Of Business Reports
- The Skills Needed To Write Business Reports
- The Seven Steps To Creating A Professional Business Report
> Clarify The Objectives
> Determine The Scope
> Consider The Audience
> Obtain The Information
> Analyse The Information
> Determine The Solution
> Organize The Report
- Developing Your Style
> Adapting Your Report To Your Audience
> The Differences Between Primary & Secondary Source Information
- Language Choice
- Accuracy, Brevity, & Clarity
- DAY TWO
- Designing The Structure – Beginning, Middle, End
- The Seven 'C's Of Written Communication – Courteous, Consistent, Clear, Concise, Correct, Concrete, Complete
- The Format Of A Report
- The Importance Of Attractive Presentation In A Report
- Use Of Headings In Your Reports
- The Main Sections Of A Report
- Practical Activity Writing Different Sections Of The
> Body Of A Report
> Meaningful Conclusions & Recommendations
> An Effective Executive Summary
- Proofreading & Editing
- Correct Use Of Punctuation & Abbreviations
- References, Glossary & Appendices
- Trainer Coaching & Feedback
Part of the course will involve each delegate planning, structuring, & writing a full report.
Delegate spaces available on the following course dates:
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 4,300/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch & Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.