The Fundamentals Of Project Management
'A Complete Overview Of Running Effective Projects'
Who Should Attend?
Managers and staff who manage and contribute to projects of any size and duration. This course is especially useful for those with no formal project management training, as it builds up the project management process from the first principles.
About The Programme
This course is designed for managers and staff, from a broad spectrum of industries, involved in different types of project work. It explains the fundamentals of managing any project. Delegates will learn how to manage and coordinate projects. In the current fast-moving business environment, crisp project controls are essential if expensive blunders are to be avoided. Learn the techniques and procedures that reduce risk, cut down on stress, and utilise the strengths of others. You will also learn to appreciate and understand the importance of people as a key resource in project management.
- To identify the key activities that must be managed to ensure project success
- To understand all the steps involved in developing a new project, from beginning to end
- To identify and understand the importance of key people in every project
- To learn and develop the skills to create a complete project planning document
- To learn how to establish project deadlines
- To learn and develop the skills associated with effective project quality management
- To know the processes required to achieve timely completion of a project
- To identify, assess, and control risk throughout your projects
- To identify the Estimated Monetary Value (EMV) of a risk
- To accurately identify the total project cost
- To measure the progress of a project and estimate the cost at completion, by using Earned Value Management
- To identify the key activities and components of successful project progress meetings
What You Will Gain
- A number of techniques for completing quality projects on time, within the estimated budget, and delivering promised performance
- The communication skills necessary to get support and 'buy-in' for a project
- A recognition of the power of planning as a mechanism for achieving key results
- An understanding of the dynamics of project team motivation, and how to influence others
- What Is Project Management?
- Features Of A Typical Project
- Role Of The Project Manager
- Project Stakeholders
- Project Success Factors
- Stages Of A Project
- The Project Charter
>Order Of Magnitude
- Project Cost
>ROI (Return On Investment)
>ARR (Annual Rate Of Return)
>NPV (Net Present Value)
>IRR (Internal Rate Of Return)
- Identifying Project Risks
- Project Sign Off
- Project Plan
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Activity Matrix
- Network Diagram
- Project Time Management
>Critical Path Analysis
- Project Quality Management
- Templates For Project Presentations
- Project Risk Management
>Estimated Monetary Value (EMV)
- Project Execution
- Project Control Management
- Project Cost Management
>Earned Value Management
- Project Meetings
- Project Close-Down
- Negotiating Basics In Projects
- Project Management Quiz
Delegate spaces available on the following course dates:
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
End of course ILM Assessment: each delegate will be required to do a written one-hour Assessment at the end of the course. Delegates must get a 50% pass mark to receive an ILM Certificate.
Total Investment: AED / QR 6,900/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.