Who Should Attend?
Experienced, or up-and-coming leaders within an organization, at any level of management, who want to contribute to the growth and success of their organization, through enhancement of its competitive advantage.
About The Programme
Strategic thinking and planning are now an essential part of a leader's daily work. In order to maintain their organization's competitive edge, leaders at all levels of an organization need to evaluate and prioritise work, according to strategic goals. A successful strategic process engages everyone in the ongoing strategy of an organization, rather than leaving it up to individuals.
This programme includes a series of participative activities which will help delegates enhance the long-term success of their organization. By the end of the course, they will have acquired the thought processes, frameworks, and analysis tools needed to engage others in the strategic thinking and planning process. They will also have identified appropriate strategic planning methods relevant to their organizational needs. They will be prepared to lead the broader strategic processes required to outperform their competitors, and reshape their organization for a successful long-term future.
- To develop skills in evaluating opportunities and threats in your competitive environment
- To enhance the skills of diagnosing and managing the strengths and weaknesses within your organization
- To be able to assess current strategies within your organization and select the best model for you
- To develop creative thinking techniques to develop new ideas
- To explore new strategies and provide options for your organization
- To have confidence to adapt and adopt the tools within the strategic process, to different situations
- To understand the importance of analysing thoroughly before final planning
- To learn how to effectively lead and communicate a strategic planning effort
- To identify ways to motivate your staff in order to efficiently and effectively implement a strategic plan
- To consider the impact of social media in your strategic planning
- To analyse real-life examples of strategic plans to identify best practice and areas to avoid
What You Will Gain
- The opportunity to clarify your own understanding of strategy and how it can work for you
- A clear assessment of where your organization is in the strategic-tactical balance, and where you want it to be
- Identify your organization's operational effectiveness and strategic clarity
- Identification of the key strategic issues confronting your organization
- The ability to practise different strategic analysis tools to help understand your strategic environment
- How to design, plan, and implement effective strategic change projects
- What Is 'Strategy Planning'?
- Define 'Strategy'
- Which Strategic Planning Tool Is Right For You?
>Examples Of Strategic Models - Examine Your Needs And Expectations
- Differences Between Strategic Planning And Tactical Planning
- Strategic Thinking And Planning: The Helicopter View
- Assessing Your Organization's Strategic Process
- The Strategic Planning Process: Three Common Stages
- The Strategic Planning Pyramid
>Creating A Strategic Process
>Creating A Strategic Vision
>Seven Stages Of Planning And Implementing Strategy
>Strategic External And Internal Analysis
>The Tools And Techniques For Undertaking External Analysis
>Competitive Advantage / Unique Selling Points (USPs)
>The Extended Boston Consulting Growth Share Matrix
>Porter's Five Competitive Forces
- Case Study: PESTLE Analysis
- The Impact Of Social Media And The Internet On Your Strategic Plan
- The Tools And Techniques For Carrying Out Internal Analysis
>SWOT Combined With Balanced Scorecard
- Case Study: SWOT Analysis
- Understanding Strategic Thinking
- Principles Of Creative Thinking
- Creative Vs Analytical Thinking
- Improving Creative Thinking
- Motivating Employees To Accept And 'Buy-In' To New Strategy
- The Importance Of Leadership During The Strategic Planning Process
- How To Break Down The Strategic Plan Into Tactical And Operational Goals
- Implementing The Strategic Plan
>Why Organizations Fail To Implement Strategy Effectively
>Tips To Execute The Strategic Plan
- Monitoring The Strategic Plan Implementation
- Problem Analysis Tools To Examine Implementation
>Strategic Plan Reviews
- Examples Of Other Analysis Tools For A Variety Of Scenarios
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 4,300/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.