Microsoft® Office - Excel 2010 / Level 1
Beginner / Intermediate Level
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for those who would like to be able to work comfortably with Microsoft® Excel. Users who are very new to Microsoft® Excel and those who are keen to further their basic working knowledge of Microsoft® Excel, would benefit from this course.
About the Programme
This two-day programme, covers the basics of Microsoft® Excel on day one, and looks at advanced topics on day two. Delegates who feel they already have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft® Excel, or are familiar with some day one topics, should view day one as a 'refresher'.
- Understand the basics of Microsoft® Excel 2010, and how it is different from the previous versions
- Understand how to navigate efficiently to the relevant tools within the Microsoft® Excel Ribbon
- Prepare and format Microsoft® Excel sheets
- Review the various formulas available in Microsoft® Excel, and how they can be used
- Use data within a sheet to create charts and graphs
- Review the various chart and graph options available in Microsoft® Excel, and how they can be used
- Be able to rearrange and filter data
- Be able to insert media into Excel sheets, charts, etc.
- Use the Protect Function for your sheet and workbook, and know how the Protect Function can be applied to different elements of a Microsoft® Excel sheet
What You Will Gain
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft® Excel
- Quick and easy ways of creating and formatting your Excel sheets
- An understanding of how to perform calculations using the various formulas available in Microsoft® Excel
- The ability to sort, and filter your data, as well as customise the 'Sort' and 'Filter' functions to suit your needs
- An awareness of the types of charts, graphs, pictures, etc., that can be inserted into your Excel sheets, and how they can be formatted
- A list of keyboard shortcuts for frequently used tools, and how to use them to increase speed
- Knowledge of how to insert links from websites, and other files, into your Excel sheets
- The Microsoft® Ribbon - What Is New In Microsoft® Excel 2010?
- Understanding Commands, Tabs, & Groups
> Creating New Excel Sheets
> Getting To Know The Excel Terminology, e.g. Active Cell, Name Box, Formula Bar, Etc.
- Entering Data Into Your Excel Sheet
- Navigating Quickly Within Your Excel Sheet
- Quick Ways Of Selecting Your Data
> Selecting A Cell
> Selecting A Range Of Connecting Cells
> Selecting A Range Of Non-Connecting Cells
> Selecting A Range Of Connected Rows & Columns
> Selecting A Range Of Non-Connected Rows & Columns
> Selecting The Entire Worksheet
- Inserting Or Deleting Rows & Columns
- Changing Row Height & Column Width
> Using Drag Technique To Change Row Height & Column Width
> Using The Auto Fit Technique To Change Row Height & Column Width
- Copying & Pasting Contents Of Cell(s), Row(s) Or Column(s), To Other Cell(s), Row(s) Or Column(s)
- Freezing Panes Of Your Sheet For Better Viewing
- Auto Fill Data Automatically Into Your Cells
- Working With Multiple Excel Sheets
> Renaming Your Sheet
> Inserting & Deleting Sheets
> Changing The Order Of Your Sheets
> Creating A Copy Of A Sheet
- Enhancing The Appearance Of Your Excel Sheet
> Changing Font Type, Size, Colour, Etc.
> Applying Borders To Your Cells, Tables, Etc.
> Changing The Background Colour Of Your Cells, Tables, Sheet, Etc.
> Aligning & Changing The Orientation Of Text Within A Cell
> Using The Text Wrapping Function
> Formatting Cells To Match Various Number Formats, e.g. Currency, Decimal Point, Percentage, Etc.
- Using Formulas & Functions In Your Excel Sheets
> Using Preset Excel Formulas: AutoSum, AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, COUNT and COUNTA
- Creating Your Own Formulas
> Copying Formulas From One Cell To Others
> Using Absolute Value Formulas
- Formatting Of Text
> Row And Column Formatting
> Number Formatting
> Additional Formatting Options
- Day Two
> Preparing To Print
> Page Setup Options
> Printing Worksheets
- Creating And Working With Tables
> Formatting Tables
- Creating Charts Within Microsoft® Excel
- Chart Basics
> Viewing Various Preset Chart Options Available Within
> Resizing A Chart
> Formatting The Text, Colour, Etc., Within A Chart
> Copying & Moving Charts Within Worksheets
- Formatting The Following In Your Charts:
> Pie Chart Angles
> Formatting & Positioning The Chart Axis, Chart Title & Chart Legend
> Changing The Chart Design After A Chart Has Been Created
> Adding & Deleting A Data Series Within A Chart
- Using The Different View Options Available & Understanding Their Benefits
- Setting The Print Area For Your Sheet
- Inserting Headers & Footers
- Repeating Rows & Columns On Printed Sheets For Easy Viewing
- Using The Paste Special Options
- Importing & Exporting Text
- Naming Cell Ranges For Easy Viewing
- Protecting Your Workbook
> Adding A Password Protection For Your Workbook
> Finalising Your Workbook As 'Read Only'
2 Days - Non-Residential
Delegate spaces available on the following course dates:
Maximum of 8 Delegates. Spearhead will provide laptops for all delegates for this training
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 2,100/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch & Refreshments. Discounts available for multiple bookings.
"The Tutor was excellent, very encouraging and gave helpful feedback."
Interviewing Skills - For Recruitment & Selection