Microsoft® Office - Excel 2010 / Level 1
Beginner / Intermediate Level
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for those who would like to be able to work comfortably with Microsoft® Excel. Users who are very new to Microsoft® Excel and those who are keen to further their basic working knowledge of Microsoft® Excel, would benefit from this course.
About the Programme
This two-day programme, covers the basics of Microsoft® Excel on day one, and looks at advanced topics on day two. Delegates who feel they already have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft® Excel, or are familiar with some day one topics, should view day one as a 'refresher'.
- Understand the basics of Microsoft® Excel 2010, and how it is different from the previous versions
- Understand how to navigate efficiently to the relevant tools within the Microsoft® Excel Ribbon
- Prepare and format Microsoft® Excel sheets
- Review the various formulas available in Microsoft® Excel, and how they can be used
- Use data within a sheet to create charts and graphs
- Review the various chart and graph options available in Microsoft® Excel, and how they can be used
- Be able to rearrange and filter data
- Be able to insert media into Excel sheets, charts, etc.
- Use the Protect Function for your sheet and workbook, and know how the Protect Function can be applied to different elements of a Microsoft® Excel sheet
What You Will Gain
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft® Excel
- Quick and easy ways of creating and formatting your Excel sheets
- An understanding of how to perform calculations using the various formulas available in Microsoft® Excel
- The ability to sort, and filter your data, as well as customise the 'Sort' and 'Filter' functions to suit your needs
- An awareness of the types of charts, graphs, pictures, etc., that can be inserted into your Excel sheets, and how they can be formatted
- A list of keyboard shortcuts for frequently used tools, and how to use them to increase speed
- Knowledge of how to insert links from websites, and other files, into your Excel sheets
- The Microsoft® Ribbon - What Is New In Microsoft® Excel 2010?
- Understanding Commands, Tabs, & Groups
> Creating New Excel Sheets
> Getting To Know The Excel Terminology, e.g. Active Cell, Name Box, Formula Bar, Etc.
- Entering Data Into Your Excel Sheet
- Navigating Quickly Within Your Excel Sheet
- Quick Ways Of Selecting Your Data
> Selecting A Cell
> Selecting A Range Of Connecting Cells
> Selecting A Range Of Non-Connecting Cells
> Selecting A Range Of Connected Rows & Columns
> Selecting A Range Of Non-Connected Rows & Columns
> Selecting The Entire Worksheet
- Inserting Or Deleting Rows & Columns
- Changing Row Height & Column Width
> Using Drag Technique To Change Row Height & Column Width
> Using The Auto Fit Technique To Change Row Height & Column Width
- Copying & Pasting Contents Of Cell(s), Row(s) Or Column(s), To Other Cell(s), Row(s) Or Column(s)
- Freezing Panes Of Your Sheet For Better Viewing
- Auto Fill Data Automatically Into Your Cells
- Working With Multiple Excel Sheets
> Renaming Your Sheet
> Inserting & Deleting Sheets
> Changing The Order Of Your Sheets
> Creating A Copy Of A Sheet
- Enhancing The Appearance Of Your Excel Sheet
> Changing Font Type, Size, Colour, Etc.
> Applying Borders To Your Cells, Tables, Etc.
> Changing The Background Colour Of Your Cells, Tables, Sheet, Etc.
> Aligning & Changing The Orientation Of Text Within A Cell
> Using The Text Wrapping Function
> Formatting Cells To Match Various Number Formats, e.g. Currency, Decimal Point, Percentage, Etc.
- Using Formulas & Functions In Your Excel Sheets
> Using Preset Excel Formulas: AutoSum, AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, COUNT and COUNTA
- Creating Your Own Formulas
> Copying Formulas From One Cell To Others
> Using Absolute Value Formulas
- Formatting Of Text
> Row And Column Formatting
> Number Formatting
> Additional Formatting Options
- Day Two
> Preparing To Print
> Page Setup Options
> Printing Worksheets
- Creating And Working With Tables
> Formatting Tables
- Creating Charts Within Microsoft® Excel
- Chart Basics
> Viewing Various Preset Chart Options Available Within
> Resizing A Chart
> Formatting The Text, Colour, Etc., Within A Chart
> Copying & Moving Charts Within Worksheets
- Formatting The Following In Your Charts:
> Pie Chart Angles
> Formatting & Positioning The Chart Axis, Chart Title & Chart Legend
> Changing The Chart Design After A Chart Has Been Created
> Adding & Deleting A Data Series Within A Chart
- Using The Different View Options Available & Understanding Their Benefits
- Setting The Print Area For Your Sheet
- Inserting Headers & Footers
- Repeating Rows & Columns On Printed Sheets For Easy Viewing
- Using The Paste Special Options
- Importing & Exporting Text
- Naming Cell Ranges For Easy Viewing
- Protecting Your Workbook
> Adding A Password Protection For Your Workbook
> Finalising Your Workbook As 'Read Only'
2 Days - Non-Residential
Delegate spaces available on the following course dates:
Maximum of 8 Delegates. Spearhead will provide laptops for all delegates for this training
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 2,100/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch & Refreshments. Discounts available for multiple bookings.
"The Tutor was very professional, she gave us the information that we need. It was not boring, and was very useful."
Human Resource (HR) Management Skills