Microsoft® Office - PowerPoint 2010
Intermediate / Advanced Level. Maximum of 8 Delegates. Spearhead will provide laptops for all delegates attending this course.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for those who would like to bring creativity into their PowerPoint slides. Whether you are a beginner with Microsoft® PowerPoint, or have basic working knowledge, and would like to explore the various creative possibilities available in Microsoft® PowerPoint, this is the course for you.
About The Programme
This two-day programme, covers the basics of Microsoft® PowerPoint on Day One, and looks at advanced topics on Day Two. Delegates who feel they already have basic working knowledge of Microsoft® PowerPoint, or are familiar with some Day One topics, should view Day One as a 'refresher'.
- Understand the basics of Microsoft® PowerPoint 2010, and how it is different from its previous version
- Understand how to navigate efficiently to the relevant tools within the Microsoft® PowerPoint Ribbon
- Practise using PowerPoint tools and functions, to prepare creative designs and slides
- Gain a better understanding of the various PowerPoint tools, and how they can be used in your presentations, to create impactful and professional PowerPoint presentations
- Use keyboard shortcuts to improve your efficiency and speed while using PowerPoint
- Insert charts / graphs / movies / sounds, etc., into your PowerPoint presentations
- Use the various Format functions available to enhance the creation and design of your PowerPoint slides
What You Will Gain
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft® PowerPoint
- Quick and easy ways of creating and formatting your PowerPoint slides
- The ability to easily create, and apply, customised designs to all your PowerPoint slides
- An understanding of how to insert media into your PowerPoint presentations, and embed them
- An awareness of the types of charts, graphs, pictures, etc., that can be inserted into your PowerPoint slides, and how they can be formatted
- A list of keyboard shortcuts for frequently used tools, and how to use them to increase speed
- Knowledge of how to insert hyperlinks, other PowerPoint presentations, or a slide from the same presentation, etc.
- The Microsoft® Ribbon And The Home Button - What Is New In Microsoft® PowerPoint 2010?
- Understanding Commands, Tabs, And Groups
- Creating New PowerPoint Presentations
>Inserting And Deleting Slides From Your Presentation
- Choosing The Layout For Your Slides
- Inserting Slides From Different PowerPoint Presentations
- PowerPoint Views And The Benefit Of Each
- Adding And Formatting Text Boxes To Your Slides
- Formatting Text In Your Slides
- Inserting Pictures, 3D Shapes, AutoShapes Into Your PowerPoint, And Working With Them
- Inserting Charts / Graphs Into Your PowerPoint Presentations
- Creating A Photo Album In PowerPoint
- Applying Preset Design Themes To Your Slides
>Customising Your Own Theme
- Building Your Own Custom Font And Colour Set
- Customising The Quick Access Tool Bar
- Running Your Slide Show
- Merging And Comparing PowerPoint Presentations
- Printing Your PowerPoint Presentation And Handouts
- Inserting Tables Into Your Slides
>Formatting The Style And Colour Of Your Table
>Merging And Splitting Cells
>Formatting Text, Rows And Columns Within Your Table
- Inserting Media Into Your PowerPoint Presentation
>Downloading Media (Sound / Video Clip)
>Converting Them To PowerPoint Compatible Formats
>Trimming Your Videos In PowerPoint
>Embedding Videos Within Your Slide
>Formatting Media Icons In PowerPoint
- Adding Animation And Transition Effects, To Your PowerPoint
>Customising The Preset Animation Effects
>Applying Animations And Transition Effects To Your PowerPoint
- Customising Your Slide Show
>Inserting Links, Action Buttons, Or 'Mouse Over' Commands
>Rehearsing Your Presentation With Timings
>Reviewing Tools Available For Use During A Slide Show
- Advanced Formatting For AutoShapes, Smart Art, Clip Art, Etc.
>Fill Options And Effects
>Standard And Custom Colours
>Adding Gradients And Textures
>Inserting Text Into Shapes
>Advanced Formatting For Pictures
>Change Brightness, Contrast, Etc., For Pictures
>Compress Pictures In Your Presentation
>Change The Order And Alignment Of Pictures
>Rotate, Crop, Group, And Ungroup Pictures
>Maintaining Proportion While Resizing Pictures
- Inserting WordArt Into Your Slides
- Creating A PowerPoint Portable Package On CD
- Creating A Video Of Your PowerPoint Presentation
- Customising PowerPoint Options
Delegate spaces available on the following course dates:
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 2,600/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.