Who Should Attend?
This course is for those people who want to understand how to communicate effectively with their customers, their staff, their colleagues, and their managers.
About The Programme
Surveys conducted both overseas, and in the Gulf region, have shown that managers spend on average about 75% of their time in one-to-one verbal communication, i.e. face-to-face, or on the telephone. Therefore, effective interpersonal skills are essential tools for today's modern manager. In the multicultural work environments of the Gulf region, good interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity are essential elements for successful managers, and highly productive employees. It is only now that many organizations are realising that 'people are their greatest asset'. Being able to deal effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds, is vital for success in today's competitive global business environment.
- To set clear guidelines for effective communication
- To consider the role of good interpersonal skills in the multicultural workplace specific to the Gulf region
- To understand different behavioural styles and learn to modify your behaviour to achieve best results
- To understand how to stay present 'in the moment', 'listen for intent', and influence your listener positively
- To understand how to communicate effectively when the stakes are high, and you need to neutralise arguments effectively
- To understand how to give and receive constructive feedback as a way to build better relationships
- To demonstrate assertive behaviour
- To make use of all of the above skills to ensure effective teamwork
- To create individual action plans for ongoing personal development
What You Will Gain
- Increased self-awareness of different behavioural styles
- An understanding of how to adapt your style to interact effectively with others
- An understanding of communication errors and how to prevent them
- The ability to develop positive interpersonal relationships through effective communication techniques
- What Is Effective Communication?
- Factors Affecting Communication
>How Messages Flow
>Barriers To Communication And How To Overcome Them
- The Dynamics Of Face-To-Face Communication
>Body Language - 'The Hidden Communicator'
>Tone Of Voice
>The Power Of Language In Communication
- Ensuring Effective Two-Way Communication
>Developing Good Listening Skills
>Asking The Right Questions
>Transmitting Your Message Accurately
- Cultural Diversity
- The Effectiveness Of Good Written Communication
- Understanding Different Perspectives And Viewpoints
- Communication Styles And The Appropriate Use Of Them
>The Differences Between Aggressive, Assertive, And Passive Behaviour
- Behaviour Style Analysis - Amiable, Expressive, Analyst, Driver
>Knowing Your Style
>Understanding Others' Styles
>Adapting Styles To Interact Better With Others
- Building The Best Relationships By Making Use Of Powerful Communication Techniques
- The Johari Window
>Know How To Build Relationships With Others
>How To Use Feedback Techniques To Develop Better Relationships
- The Use Of Emotions As A Source Of Valuable Information
- Effectively Communicating Under Pressure And When The Stakes Are High
- Effectively Managing Conflict In The Workplace
>Being A Team Player - The Impact Of Your Interpersonal Relationships
>The Stages Of Group Development
>Good Communication And Effective Teamwork
>Ways To Build Trust
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
End of course ILM Assessment: each delegate will be required to do a written one-hour Assessment at the end of the course. Delegates must get a 50% pass mark to receive an ILM Certificate.
Total Investment: AED / QR 4,600/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.