Who Should Attend?*
Negotiators at all levels, – purchasing managers, sales managers, general managers, etc., and anyone involved in high-level buying and selling.
*This programme builds on the foundations of the Spearhead three-day Negotiation Skills course. (It is essential that delegates have attended this course, or a similar programme in the past 2 - 4 years). This will allow delegates to benefit fully from the topics covered during this course.
About The Programme
Advanced Negotiation Skills examines ways to enhance your negotiation outcomes, and reviews the latest ideas and techniques in negotiation. By focusing on the value of the deal, and examining the different issues that interfere with successful outcomes, you will be able to ensure greater success and longer lasting relationships from your negotiations. Key issues covered include the importance of excellent planning, how to set your own objectives, knowing when to 'walk away', and understanding the key tactics employed by top negotiators.
- To learn how to effectively plan a negotiation
- To understand the critical role of the BATNA and the ZOPA
- To explore techniques for overcoming deadlock
- To learn how to deal with difficult people
- To learn the tactics employed by top negotiators
- To understand how to deal with dirty tricks
What You Will Gain
- The opportunity to improve your planning and objective setting
- The ability to better assess the other party's needs, and try to work towards 'Win:Win' outcomes
- An understanding of why deadlock occurs in negotiations, and how to get around it
- Learning new tools and tactics for negotiating
- The opportunity to practise with these tools in realistic exercises, which will help you understand their usefulness and effectiveness
- A development plan which identifies future objectives for you to improve your negotiation outcomes
This two-day programme uses experiential role-play exercises to emphasise the key themes. After each exercise, there is a detailed debriefing and Trainer input, before moving on to the next exercise. Each delegate undergoes continuous improvement through this highly interactive programme. They will receive feedback from those they have negotiated with, and from observations made by the Trainer. This format works exceptionally well, and participants find it an enjoyable and challenging environment in which to develop and enhance their negotiating skills.
There will be a number of role-plays** during the course. Trainer input will focus on the following, which will be covered over the two days.
- The Key Skills Of Top Negotiators
- The Five Outcomes Of Negotiation
- Negotiating Styles
- The Climate For Negotiations
- Planning To Succeed
- The Elements Of A Negotiation Plan
- Identifying Key Objectives In Your Negotiations
- Knowing Your BATNA
- BATNA 'Rules' In Negotiation
- The Role Of The ZOPA
- How To Expand The ZOPA
- Deadlock And How To Overcome It
- Your Style In Conflict Situations
- Rights, Power, And Interest In Your Negotiations
- Dealing With Difficult People
- Some Tactics Of Top Negotiators
- Dirty Tricks And How To Handle Them
**Delegates will participate in a number of 'experiential' negotiation role-play exercises during the programme.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 4,300/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.