Key Account Management
'Building Great Business Partnerships'
Who Should Attend?
This course is for experienced salespeople who are managing key accounts or regional business relationships. It is important that those attending have already completed professional sales training, as this course is focused on developing good client relationships and implementing key strategies to support existing sales techniques.
About The Programme
This programme focuses on creating a structure for account management personnel to develop a strategy to manage those critical relationships, that ensure business success. This leads on to looking at the operational processes required to ensure effective account management, and good working relationships between both parties. Techniques for increasing the penetration throughout the depth and breadth of the account are covered. In addition, the key issues of handling meetings, negotiations, building buyer needs, and understanding emotional influencers which motivate people to buy, are also examined and discussed. The course is very practical in nature, and includes exercises, which give delegates the opportunity to reflect on how the subject matter relates specifically to their existing accounts. The programme also provides tips and ideas to assist delegates achieve successful account management.
- To consider the constantly changing role of the Key Account Manager
- To examine proven practice in the development of sales, which relies on creating effective business partnerships
- To be able to use techniques for achieving account goals and objectives
- To understand the strategic processes and operational objectives which lead to increased account penetration and maximum profit opportunities
- To develop a broader understanding of how people behave and its impact on buying decisions
- To know how to handle an account meeting and the negotiations within it
What You Will Gain
- A clearly defined, timely, and dynamic approach to the planning process, not just for the present, but more importantly, for the future
- An insight into the key strategic and operational processes, as well as the marketing principles, that will enable delegates to understand the importance of getting the account strategy right
- Techniques for building the best relationships with key accounts
- What Is Key Account Management?
- How Do We Define A 'Key Account'?
- The 'Stairway Of Influence'
- What Measurements Do We Use To Identify A Key Account?
- The 80-20 Rule
- Life Time Values Of A Key Account
- The Skills Of A Key Account Manager
>Developing Major Account Strategies
- Planning GAP Analysis
- Situational Analysis Overview
>Analysing Where You Currently Are
>Where You Want To Be: A Positioning Statement
>Who Are The People You Need To Influence?
- Understanding Customer Needs
>Knowing Our Key Accounts
>The Client Needs Pyramid
>Hierarchy Of Client Needs
>Defining Customer Needs
>Asking The Right Questions
>Ways To Identify Customer Needs And Expectations
- Customer Needs And Marketing
>What Is 'Marketing'?
>Marketing Vs Selling
>'The Marketing Mix' Framework
>The Product Life Cycle
>Bringing It All Together
>Unique Selling Points (USPs)
- Building Best Relationships
>The Partnership Process
>Knowing How To Develop Relationships
- Building Best Relationships (Continued)
- Meetings With Clients
- Preparing For Meetings
- Using The Agenda To Your Advantage
- Key Items To Be Covered In Account Meetings
- The Principles Of Negotiation
>Rules For Successful Negotiation
>Designing And Presenting Winning Proposals
- Staying Motivated
- Your Way Forward
>Developing Your Potential
>Maintaining The Right Mental Attitude
Delegate spaces available on the following course dates:
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 6,450/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.