This course is suitable for anyone responsible for the planning and organizing of an office environment, and / or a team of people, e.g. office managers or executive assistants. The programme will provide new skills and develop confidence to be able to run a smoother operation, and manage a diverse team.
About The Programme
This three-day programme allows participants to clearly understand how offices can be run more efficiently and effectively. By exploring and developing management skills, leadership, effective communication, time management, recruitment, delegation, planning and organizing, office managers and senior level administrators will learn how to significantly enhance their internal business processes. It will also help to improve external customer procedures and systems, ensuring their organization is working at maximum capability.
- To understand the roles and responsibilities of an Office Manager
- To understand the function of an Office Manager as a leader
- To understand the challenges of leadership and determine your own leadership style
- To understand the different personalities within the team and how to motivate them
- To examine recruitment procedures to identify the competencies required for particular positions within the organization
- To ensure the smooth running of the office at all times
- To be aware of, and deal with, health & safety, and environmental issues at work
- To understand the importance of effective office policies and procedures
- To identify the most effective document management system, and adapt this to your business needs
- To learn to manage time more effectively, using planning and organizing skills and delegation
- To enhance communication skills in a multicultural workplace
- To develop and use effective assertiveness skills
- To learn how to deal with difficult people, manage upwards, and manage your manager
What You Will Gain
- An understanding of the necessary leadership skills to manage a diverse team
- Awareness of different personalities and ways of effectively communicating with them, motivating, and empowering them
- The ability to administratively manage an office effectively
- Effective ways to schedule your time and prioritise your daily life
- The confidence and ability to implement the tools and techniques of the programme, to increase your effectiveness and efficiency
- Your Role And Responsibilities As An Office Manager
- Competencies Of An Office Manager
- The Office Manager As A Leader
>Organizational And Office Ethics
>How Ethical Are You?
>Ethical Decision-Making Case Study
- Understanding Cultural Differences
- Understanding Different Personalities And How To Communicate With, Motivate, And Empower Them
- Examining Company Structures And Organizational Charts
- Recruitment And Selection
>Competencies Required For Individual Positions
- Office Administration
>Health And Safety
>Ensuring Smooth Office Operations
>Dealing With Paper Flow
- Document Management Systems
- Policies And Procedures
>Why They Are Important And How To Communicate Them Effectively
>How To Write Them
- The Planning Process
- Setting Objectives
- Brainstorming And Mind Mapping
- Time Management
>Using Technology In Time Management
- Prioritising Tasks By ‘Urgency’ And ‘Importance’
- Identifying Time-Wasters
- Dealing With Interruptions
- Delegation Techniques
>The ‘Willing And Able’ Table
>Checklist For Effective Delegation
- How And Why Do We Communicate?
- Email Etiquette
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Barriers To Communication And Overcoming Them
- Gaining Attention And 'Connecting With People'
- Listening Skills
- Understanding Assertiveness Techniques
>Using And Evaluating Different Techniques
- Dealing With Difficult People And Situations
>Role-Plays And Case Studies To Demonstrate, Practise, And Evaluate Effectiveness
- Managing Conflict Effectively
- Managing Upwards
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
End of course ILM Assessment: each delegate will be required to do a written one-hour Assessment at the end of the course. Delegates must get a 50% pass mark to receive an ILM Certificate.
Total Investment: AED 6,900/- + VAT (applicable as of 1st January 2018), which includes - ILM Registration, Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.