*Prior to attending any of the Business Writing Courses, a written Assessment will be conducted to ensure delegates attend the course that best matches their written English ability.
- To review the basic principles of Business Writing
- To understand what your key message is, and deliver it in a courteous, clear, and concise way
- To practise using positive language, especially when giving bad news
- To understand how to adjust your language for different types of readers
- To develop scanning and summarising skills, reading a longer text and reducing it to its essential meaning
- To gain proofreading skills to give your writing the professional touch
- Confidence in writing at an advanced level
- The ability to use the right type of language to suit your audience
- The skills necessary to produce top-quality written communication
- Accuracy, fluency, and advanced proofreading skills
- Getting Started: The Four Stages Of Writing, Mind Maps, And Bullet Points
- Case Study: The Impact Of Poor Communication On Business
- The 7 'C's Of Written Communication
- Inverted Pyramid Style Of Writing
>Delivering The Key Message
>Stating The Purpose Using The 4 'I's
- Using Positive Word Power In Negative Situations
- Using The Right Words To Suit Your Audience
- Scanning And Summarising
- Putting It Into Practice - Some Example Modules:
>Writing A Complaint Email
>Responding To Customer Complaint Letters / Emails
>Accepting And Declining Invitations
>Financial Collection Letters
>Covering Letters For Job Applications
>Dealing With Non-Response To Previous Communications
>Sending Confirmations And Polite Reminders
- Proofreading Skills
- End Of Course Assessment And Feedback Session
Please note, that while this is a Public Course, wherever possible the Tutor will try to adapt the materials according to the Business Writing needs of the individual participants.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
End of course ILM Assessment: each delegate will be required to do a written one-hour Assessment at the end of the course. Delegates must get a 50% pass mark to receive an ILM Certificate.
Total Investment: AED 4,600/- + VAT, which includes - ILM Registration, Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.
|Date:||19th - 20th Dec 2018|
|Brochure Price:||AED 4,600/- + VAT|
|Online Price:||AED 4,370/- + VAT|