Spearhead personnel are actively involved in the following projects in the UAE and overseas:
- Signing up as a company, and individuals, to the Sky Ocean Rescue Campaign to support the international movement to remove plastic from the world’s seas and oceans.
- Supporting The Rashid Centre For Determined Ones (People With Disabilities).
- Rebuilding an orphanage in Nepal damaged in the 2015 earthquake, and supporting the children on a continuous basis by paying for school fees, uniforms, food, and activities.
- Supporting the ‘Reduce, Reuse, Recycle’ campaign in the UAE.
- Recycling paper and plastic in Spearhead’s Head Office.
- Running youth group programmes for teenagers in Dubai.
- Supporting campaigns concerned with animal welfare in the UAE.
- Campaigning against unnecessary diesel emissions from commercial vehicles in the UAE.
Spearhead has signed up to the Sky Ocean Rescue Campaign that has the objective of cleaning up the world’s seas and oceans of destructive plastics.
Destiny: a blind, starving, tick infested horse, rescued from a desert farm by Spearhead staff, who bought him. One year later, he has recovered his health, but is permanently blind. But he is now able to be gently ridden by his carer.
Children from the Nandamaya Self Sustaining Orphanage, Nepal, with their new clothes and shoes supplied by Spearhead Staff.
(Photo, with permission from Mr Laxman Subedi, manager of the orphanage)
“Treat the earth well... it was not given to you by your parents or grandparents, it was loaned to you for the benefit of your children... and their children.”
- Adapted from a Native American proverb