Who Should Attend?
This course is essential for anyone who deals with different personalities and challenging, or difficult situations, in the workplace, or remotely – whether they are customers, managers, colleagues, suppliers, etc.
About The Programme
Assertiveness is a communication skill in the same way that ‘negotiating’, ‘delegating’, and other business-related skills are. It is a communication skill that enables people to be more confident, and develop the appropriate interpersonal skills for dealing with others. When you are assertive, you are neither aggressive nor passive – instead you are honest, direct, and skilled at articulating your views.
Being assertive means you know how to communicate what you want in a clear and respectful manner, by being honest about what you need, want, feel, and believe, in a way that respects the views of others. It means you are not afraid of speaking your mind, and you value expressing yourself in authentic and powerful ways. It is a communication skill that can reduce conflict, build self-confidence, and improve relationships in the workplace.
The course teaches you how to say the right thing at the right time – especially when interacting and dealing with difficult people. Assertiveness techniques will increase the chance of success in any communication situation.
- To increase self-esteem and self-confidence when dealing with difficult situations
- To be able to identify your own behavioural style and that of others
- To learn the difference between aggressive, passive, and assertive behaviours
- To learn how to use a variety of assertiveness techniques
- To improve communication and interpersonal skills
- To have the opportunity to practise new behaviours in a safe and supportive environment
What You Will Gain
- Increased self-esteem and confidence in your ability to deal with a variety of situations effectively
- The ability to deal with passive, or aggressive, people in a positive and appropriate manner
- An awareness of effective assertiveness techniques
- The appropriate communication skills to be more assertive
- An opportunity to practise new behaviours, in a safe and supportive environment
- What Is ‘Assertiveness’?
> What It Is Not
> Why We Need It
- Different Behavioural Styles
> What Are The Indicators Of Each Style?
> Understanding How To Adapt To Each Style
> Practising How To Build Effective Relationships
- Assertiveness Techniques
- Transactional Analysis: Understanding How And When To Use It
- Workable Compromise
Please contact us for specific details on the courses we are running. Our Business Development Staff will be happy to provide you with further details.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Questionnaire to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total ONLINE Investment: AED 1,450/- + VAT