Prior to attending this course, an assessment will be conducted to ensure delegates are attending a course that best matches their written English needs.
Who Should Attend?
People who wish to significantly improve their written communication should take this two-day online course. It is a stimulating and ‘hands on’ way to learn the basic skills of written communication in English. It is informative and practical, with excellent backup course notes that form a valuable reference source for the future. The content is up-to-date with modern English usage, and suitable for everyone in business who needs to communicate using the written word. (A minimum requirement for this course is a working knowledge of English and basic grammar.)
About The Programme
This two-day online programme is a practical introduction to Business Writing Skills. It will give you clear guidelines and practice in how to create better internal and external correspondence. You will learn how to plan your writing carefully, and how to professionally structure different types of business correspondence.
- To introduce the ten principles of Effective Business Writing
- To learn a step-by-step plan for more effective and efficient business communication
- To know what to write at the beginning, middle, and end of each piece of writing
- To understand the difference and usage, between formal and informal language
- To review some typical grammar challenges for non-native speakers of English
- To understand how to use plain and simple English
- To examine a variety of business documents and look at ways to improve them
- To understand how to create the right impression (‘tone of voice’) when writing
- To understand how to respond to complaints in an effective and professional manner
What You Will Gain
- Knowledge of the principles of effective Business Writing
- A clear understanding of appropriate business language
- Confidence in communicating using the written word
- Practical, ‘hands-on’ experience, and supportive Trainer feedback
- The Ten Key Principles Of Business Writing
- The Stages Of Writing (Planning, Drafting, Revising, Proofreading)<
> Using Mind Maps And Bullet Points To Plan Your Writing
> The Five ‘W’s As A Writing Guide
- A Clear Framework For Business Communication
> Effective Beginnings And Endings Of Correspondence
> Useful Phrases For Common Situations
- Using Correct Grammar
> Common Verb Tenses
> Uncountable Nouns
> Definite And Indefinite Articles (‘The’, ‘An’, ‘A’)
> Using Prepositions Of Time, Place, And Movement (‘On’, ‘In’, ‘At’, ‘To’, Etc.)
- Correct Use Of Punctuation And Abbreviations
> Using Commas And Semicolons
> Rules For Apostrophes
> When To Use Full Stops For Abbreviations
- How To Use Plain And Simple English
- Formal And Informal Language
> Knowing The Difference, And When To Use Each One
- Choosing The Right Communication Channel
- Email Etiquette: Pros And Cons Of Email Issues
- Appropriate Complimentary Closes
- Creating The Right Impression
> Being Courteous
> Using The Correct ‘Tone Of Voice’ In Your Writing
- Writing Internal Business Emails
- Complaints And How To Respond To Them
During the COVID-19 crisis, a number of our programmes will be offered online with reduced hours and a reduced investment, but with maximum effectiveness.
Please contact us for specific details on the courses we are running. Our Business Development Staff will be happy to provide you with further details.
Please note that, while this is a Public Course, wherever possible the Course Tutor will try to adapt the materials according to the Business Writing needs of the individual participants.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Questionnaire to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED 2,900/- + VAT