Who Should Attend?
This course is for those who need to understand how to communicate effectively with their customers, staff, colleagues, and managers, especially in these challenging times when many people are working remotely.
About The Programme
Surveys conducted both overseas, and in the Gulf region, have shown that managers spend on average about 75% of their time in one-to-one verbal communication, i.e. face-to-face, or on the telephone. Therefore, effective interpersonal skills are essential for today’s modern manager. In the multicultural work environments of the Gulf region, good interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity are essential elements for successful managers, and highly productive employees. Being able to deal effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds, is vital for success, especially in this fast-changing global business environment.
- To set clear guidelines for effective communication during the current crisis
- To consider the role of good interpersonal skills in the Gulf region
- To identify barriers to effective workplace communication and how to overcome them
- To understand different behavioural styles, and how modifying your behaviour can achieve best results
- To understand how to communicate effectively and be able to calmly neutralise arguments
- To understand how to use constructive feedback to build better relationships
- To demonstrate assertive behaviour
- To make use of all the above skills to achieve high-performance teamwork (including online)
- To create individual action plans for ongoing personal development
What You Will Gain
- Increased self-awareness of different behavioural styles
- An understanding of how to adapt your style to interact effectively with others
- An understanding of communication errors and how to prevent them
- The ability to develop positive interpersonal relationships through effective communication techniques
- What Is Effective Communication?
- Factors Affecting Communication
> How A Message Flows
> Barriers To Communication And How To Overcome Them
- The Dynamics Of Face-To-Face Communication
> Body Language – ‘The Hidden Communicator’
> Tone Of Voice
> The Power Of Language In Communication
- Ensuring Effective Two-Way Communication
> Developing Good Listening Skills
> Asking The Right Questions
> Transmitting Your Message Accurately
- The Effectiveness Of Good Written Communication
- Understanding Different Perspectives And Viewpoints
- Communication Styles And The Appropriate Use Of Them
> The Differences Between Aggressive, Assertive, And Passive Behaviour
> Assertiveness Techniques
- Behaviour Style Analysis – Amiable, Expressive, Analyst, Driver
> Knowing Your Style
> Understanding Others’ Styles
> Adapting Styles To Interact Better With Others
- Building The Best Relationships By Making Use Of Powerful Communication Techniques
- The Johari Window
> Know Yourself
> Know How To Build Relationships With Others
> How To Use Feedback Techniques To Develop Better Relationships
During the COVID-19 crisis, a number of our programmes will be offered online with reduced hours and a reduced investment, but with maximum effectiveness.
Please contact us for specific details on the courses we are running. Our Business Development Staff will be happy to provide you with further details.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Questionnaire to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total ONLINE Investment: AED 2,900/- + VAT