Who Should Attend?
This programme is ideal for those who recognise that, to further their careers, they would benefit from a greater understanding of how the financial side of business operates. In the current COVID-19 situation, financial awareness is absolutely crucial!
This course is designed, not for staff working in a full-time finance or accounting role, but for those who need to understand the key basic elements of finance as part of their ‘management tool kit’. It may also be helpful for those who work in a junior role in the accounting sector, but who have never had any formal finance training. It has proved to be a very helpful and successful programme for managers, sales and marketing personnel, key account managers, senior sales executives, etc. This is because it gives, in easy-to-understand steps, the key financial knowledge and insights to help these professionals make better informed business decisions in their roles.
About The Programme
All employees can be more productive if they have a clear understanding of the financial and commercial considerations that impact their business. This course is designed to fill the financial knowledge gap, in a fast-moving, interactive format, that focuses on acquiring the practical skills of business finance. The jargon, conventions, and formats of accounting are translated into simple, easy-to-understand language. Upon completion of the course, delegates will feel more comfortable using financial terms, have a clearer understanding of what these terms mean, and most importantly, how they impact on the bottom line of any business.
- To understand and interpret a basic Profit and Loss Statement (Income Statement)
- To understand and interpret a basic Balance Sheet
- To understand Depreciation and Amortisation
- To understand a simple Cash Flow Statement
- To assess ways of improving Working Capital
- To understand how to use Ratios to analyse a business
- To understand the different types of Costs (fixed / variable / semi-variable and direct / indirect)
- To use Break-Even Analysis
What You Will Gain
- Greater credibility with executives, managers, customers, distributors, and others who expect an understanding of financial matters in any business dealing
- A knowledge of the financial data required to make better business decisions
- To be able to contribute in your own right at a finance meeting
- A clearer understanding of the importance of good financial control in your company, or organization
Case studies and practical exercises form an important part of this online programme. There is significant use of calculators, so delegates must ensure they have one for the course.
- Understanding Key Financial Statements
> The Profit And Loss Statement
> The Balance Sheet
> Cash Flow Statement And Forecast
- Understanding Income And Expenses Statement
- Gross Profit, Cost Of Goods Sold, And Net Profit
- Distinguishing Between Fixed And Current Assets, Current And Long-Term Liabilities, And Equity
- Depreciation And Amortisation
- Causes Of Insolvency
- Ways To Improve Working Capital And Cash Flow
- Ratio Analysis
> Profitability Ratios
> Liquidity Ratios
> Efficiency Ratios
> Financial Risk Ratios
- Cost Types
> Fixed And Variable Expenses
> Direct And Indirect Expenses
- Break-Even Analysis
How the COVID-19 crisis impacts on the financial position, performance, and cash flows of your company / organization, and how it will be reflected in the financial statements, including issues such as cash flow, sales, expenses, assets, liabilities, etc.
During the COVID-19 crisis, a number of our programmes will be offered online with reduced hours and a reduced investment, but with maximum effectiveness.
Please contact us for specific details on the courses we are running. Our Business Development Staff will be happy to provide you with further details.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total ONLINE Investment: AED 2,900/- + VAT