Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for anyone responsible for the planning and organizing of an office environment, and / or a team of people, e.g. office managers, or executive assistants. The programme will provide new skills, and develop confidence, to be able to run a smoother operation, and manage a diverse team.
About The Programme
Like many other professions, the role of the Office Manager has been drastically affected by the COVID-19 situation. It is a new challenge for Office Managers, as they are expected to communicate with their managers and office staff, interact with others (including suppliers, customers, etc.), meet with their teams remotely, etc. Everything is changing for the Office Manager role; yet they are expected to adapt, and produce results, while leading and managing remotely.
Office management is a management role, concerned with the systematic planning and organizing of office work to achieve the office objectives. It involves the processes of leading, directing, controlling, and communicating official activities, to achieve key objectives.
Every business has core objectives. As the office is the centre of the whole organization, its role is key for the achievement of organizational goals. Good office management can bring smoothness to the performance of the organization’s business activities.
This two-day programme allows participants to clearly understand how today’s offices can be run more efficiently and effectively, including in a remote setting. By exploring and developing management skills, leadership, effective communication, time management, delegation, planning and organizing, office managers and senior level administrators will learn how to significantly enhance their internal business processes. It will also help to improve external customer procedures and systems, ensuring their organization is working at maximum capability.
In conclusion, Office Management can still be achieved by working remotely, with senior management looking for quick action, instant adaptability, and proactivity from their Office Managers.
- To understand the current COVID-19 situation, and identify all the challenges it has created for the process of Office Management
- To understand the roles and responsibilities of an Office Manager when having to manage teams remotely
- To understand the challenges of the Office Manager as a leader and determine your own leadership style
- To ensure the smooth running of the office at all times, even remotely
- To understand the importance of effective office policies and procedures
- To identify the most effective electronic document management system, and adapt this to your business needs
- To learn to manage time more effectively, using planning and organizing skills and delegation
- To enhance communication skills in a multicultural workplace (including a virtual workplace)
- To develop and use effective assertiveness skills
- To learn how to deal with difficult people, manage upwards, and manage your manager
What You Will Gain
- An understanding of the necessary leadership skills to manage a diverse team
- Awareness of different personalities and ways of effectively communicating with them, motivating them, and empowering them
- The ability to administratively manage an office effectively in a remote setting
- Effective ways to schedule your time and prioritise your daily life
- The confidence and ability to implement the tools and techniques of the programme, to increase your effectiveness and efficiency
- The Current Situation (COVID-19)
> Establishing Ground Rules
> Creating Communication Channels
> Managing Expectations
- Your Role And Responsibilities As An Office Manager
> The ‘Office Manager Job Description’
> Key Competencies Of An Office Manager
> The Office Manager As A Leader
> Organizational And Office Ethics
- Office Administration
> Office Layout / Remote Layout
> Health And Safety Issues
> Ensuring Smooth Office Operations
> Dealing With Document / Paper Flow
> Document Management Systems
> Setting Objectives
> Mind Mapping
> Key Elements Of Planning And Organizing Your Workplace
- Time Management
> Using Technology In Time Management
> Prioritising Tasks By ‘Urgency’ And ‘Importance’
> Identifying Time-Wasters
> Dealing With Interruptions
- Delegation Techniques
> The ‘Willing And Able’ Table
> Checklist For Effective Delegation
> How And Why Do We Communicate?
> Email Etiquette
> Non-Verbal Communication
> Barriers To Communication And Overcoming Them
> Listening Skills
> Understanding Assertiveness
- Dealing With Difficult People And Challenging Situations
> Managing Upwards
During the COVID-19 crisis, a number of our programmes will be offered online with reduced hours and a reduced investment, but with maximum effectiveness.
Please contact us for specific details on the courses we are running. Our Business Development Staff will be happy to provide you with further details.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total ONLINE Investment: AED 2,900/- + VAT