Who Should Attend?
This programme is a ‘must’ for all managers, supervisors, team leaders, shift leaders, and support staff. It is especially important in these challenging times, when our entire work environments may have changed for the foreseeable future. No matter what your department or job function, being well organized pays off – for both the employer and the employee!
Having the ability to plan and organize is something we all have to a degree – in fact, most of us use these skills on a daily basis. Being able to combine work duties, studies, and family commitments, requires you to plan and organize yourself, and your resources.
Whilst some people do this naturally, with others it takes more effort. Whether you are a natural planner or not, the skills and abilities you need to plan and organize yourself, a team, or a project, are very similar. In order to be able to set out, and achieve such plans, you need well-developed planning and organizational skills.
When we are at work we all feel we are ‘busy’. However, good companies and organizations make certain their employees are busy ‘doing the right things efficiently and effectively’ – i.e. ‘doing the right things, right’. This becomes especially important when working remotely, or from home, when it becomes more challenging to balance our professional and personal lives.
This two-day course is the ideal way to learn, and practise, the skills of good planning. The programme helps delegates understand the key elements of planning and organizing – and shows how they can be readily applied to the delegates’ work environments, including working remotely, and at home. It will help people to clearly identify and prioritise the tasks and activities needed to achieve both business, and personal goals.
- To understand the principles and importance of correct planning
- To have a clear understanding of the essentials of planning
- To enable delegates to set effective goals, using SMART(ER) objectives
- To learn to set objectives which help in the achievement of key goals
- To organize and adapt plans for successful implementation
- To understand how to use planning tools such as Gantt Charts, etc.
- To understand and practise the principles of prioritising work effectively
- To learn personal organizing strategies to help with work-life balance
- To learn how to organize your office, computer, and paperwork
- To practise the skills of planning and organizing, in a controlled environment
What You Will Gain
- A range of tools and ideas to assist in planning and prioritising your workload
- A number of techniques that will help you remain focused on productive work for a greater proportion of your time
- The ability to plan your own and your teams’ work
- Greater confidence and control over your immediate work environment
- The Planning Cycle
- Setting Goals
- Planning Tools
- The Concept Of Prioritising
- The Pareto Principle
- Key Elements Of Planning And Organizing Your Workspace
- Work Smarter, Not Harder
- SMART(ER) Objectives
- Handling Delegation
- Tips For Work-Life Balance
During the COVID-19 crisis, a number of our programmes will be offered online with reduced hours and a reduced investment, but with maximum effectiveness.
Please contact us for specific details on the courses we are running. Our Business Development Staff will be happy to provide you with further details.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total ONLINE Investment: AED 2,900/- + VAT