Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, administrators, support staff, customer service staff – and anyone within an organization, who is showing symptoms of stress they may be struggling, to deal with. It would also be a helpful course for anyone who believes stress could be an imminent, or potential, problem in their work situation, either for themselves, or their staff. Attending this course could help prevent serious future health and morale problems.
About The Programme
The COVID-19 Crisis, has left people feeling frustrated, stressed, overwhelmed, and even angry, for the way things have changed in the first months of 2020. Within a very short time, the world the way we know it, has changed dramatically. Learning to work remotely, children away from school; lack of social gatherings; fear of the unknown, disrupted travel; lockdown restrictions; social distancing. All these measures have led us into uncharted waters. In addition, regular media updates on the numbers of those infected, and those who have died due to the virus, does not help to calm nerves.
Stress is the adverse reaction, people have to excessive pressure, or other types of demands placed on them. It can be caused due to issues at work, concern about something outside of work, or a combination of the two.
This course offers an insight into work and home-related stress: the causes and effects. Stress management requires more than just helpful tips. Changing economic times can pull us in multiple directions. The pressures and demands between work and personal life are often blurred. As a result, the consequences of stress come from what is happening to each of us, both at work, and away from it.
Many world, and government health organizations, have become so concerned, they have issued guidelines to employers on how to reduce stress at work, and recommend staff attend stress management programmes. Learning to balance the extra demands of work, along with family and personal needs, is central to reducing this 21st century epidemic, especially when compounded by a 21st century global pandemic. This programme will offer insights into how to manage your life more effectively in the current situation – both in your business, and personal environments.
- To learn about the ‘Stress Response’, and the underlying mechanisms that cause it
- To identify personal and work-related stressors and their symptoms, so that Personal Action Plans can be developed
- To identify stress factors that cause anger
- To explore and create effective stress and anger management techniques that will help you regain control over your personal, family, and work-life
What You Will Gain
- An understanding of how to monitor stress and manage it more effectively
- Skills that will give you better control over your daily life
- Greater personal effectiveness
- Enhanced well-being, and a more satisfying lifestyle
- Ways to manage anger when confronted with stressful situations
- Some Facts And Statistics About Stress
- Sources Of Stress
- Sources Of Current Work Stressors
- Your Role In Recognising Your Colleagues’ ‘Stress Responses’
- Personality And Stress
- The Stress Response
> The ‘Fight Or Flight’ Mechanism
- Stress Symptoms Checklist
> Stress Diaries (To Identify Short-Term Stress)
- The Link Between Stress And Anger
- Stress Management Techniques
> Changing Behaviour And Attitudes
> Action-Based Strategies
> Perception-Based Strategies
> Coping Strategies
- How To Manage Your Anger To Avoid Stress
- Your Plan Going Forward – Which Techniques Will You Implement?
During the COVID-19 crisis, a number of our programmes will be offered online with reduced hours and a reduced investment, but with maximum effectiveness.
Please contact us for specific details on the courses we are running. Our Business Development Staff will be happy to provide you with further details.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total ONLINE Investment: AED 1,450/- + VAT