Who Should Attend?
This programme is intended for people new to training, or those with no formal knowledge about the design and delivery of training programmes. The course content focuses on the professional delivery of training to small groups in the workplace, or online, rather than on one-to-one training skills.
About The Programme
Training and retraining are now key parts of the business strategy for successful companies and organizations. Preparing and delivering top-quality ‘on-the-job’ and ‘off-the-job’ training to meet organizational needs, is an essential requirement for today’s progressive employers. This programme will also prove valuable to In-Company Trainers who wish to improve, and update, their training skills, using the latest techniques and methodologies. Focus will also be given to training being delivered online.
- To understand different learning styles and training techniques that will enhance the learning process
- To design training material for a group training session to meet specific needs
- To gain knowledge, skills, and practical tools, to deliver effective training, using interactive group facilitation techniques
- To improve your training techniques, by focusing on effective communication in your training delivery
- To evaluate your training sessions for reaction, learning, changing behaviour, and
- contributing value to the organization
- To enhance your performance, through practice sessions, with both Trainer and peer feedback
What You Will Gain
- A clear understanding of the meaning and value of ‘effective training’
- Knowledge of key tools / techniques to assist with your training delivery, so you can make an immediate positive start when you return to work
- The opportunity to design, practise, and evaluate, training sessions in a supportive and challenging environment
- A comprehensive knowledge of group training and practical skills, which will give you confidence in your ability to help people learn and develop
- Good And Bad Training Experiences
- The Skills Needed To Be A Good Trainer
- The Four Stages Of Learning (Conscious / Competent Model)
- The Training Cycle
- Introductory Individual Five Minute Presentations
- ‘Continue – Stop – Start’ Feedback**
- How People Learn (Self-Analysis)
- Identifying Training Needs
> What Is A TNA (Training Needs Analysis)?
- Designing Training Content
- The Parts Of A Training Session
> Beginning: Effective Openings, Bloom’s Taxonomy
**Delegates Will Deliver Short Sessions Over The Three Days. The ‘Continue – Stop – Start’ Model Will Be Used To Give Constructive Feedback. This Will Result In Continuous Improvement For The Delegates As The Course Progresses.
- The Ways People Learn
> Activity-Based Learning
> Group / Interactive Training Techniques
> Delivering To A Group Online – The ‘Dos’ And ‘Don’ts’
> Media Varieties And Types
- The Importance Of Effective Communication In Training
> The Use Of Questions In Training
> Group Dynamics
> Dealing With Challenging Participants
- Measuring Training Effectiveness – Training Evaluation
> Kirkpatrick’s Levels Of Training Effectiveness
- Assessment Tools And Vehicles
> Different Types Of Assessment
> Pros And Cons Of Assessments
- Giving And Receiving Feedback
Day Three Involves The Following:
- A Review Of The Key Learning Points For The First Two Days, Including A Review Of Individual ‘Continue – Stop – Start’ Feedback From The Previous Sessions
- Each Delegate Will Deliver Their Final Practical Training Session. This Session Will Be Assessed By The Tutor. These Training Sessions Will Be Digitally Recorded
- Training Simulation Sessions Will Be Approximately 10 -15 Minutes Long, Followed By Peer And Trainer Feedback
Pre-course work is required for this training, as there is restricted time to prepare the training sessions during the programme. Delegates will be given several opportunities to conduct training sessions for their colleagues over the three days. These sessions will be digitally recorded and played back for analysis and critique.
During the COVID-19 crisis, a number of our programmes will be offered online with reduced hours and a reduced investment, but with maximum effectiveness.
Please contact us for specific details on the courses we are running. Our Business Development Staff will be happy to provide you with further details.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Questionnaire to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total ONLINE Investment: AED 4,350/- + VAT