1511Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, and staff responsible for the development of new ideas and systems, and those involved in problem solving, and making and implementing key decisions. This is an essential course for those who believe that change, and new improved ways of working, are the best way forward for the success of organizations.
About The Programme
This two-day workshop is challenging from the outset. It is a blend of ‘Trainer-led’ and ‘experiential learning’. It identifies the key concepts of creative thinking and problem solving. It gives the delegates a range of versatile and effective techniques, backed up by excellent course notes and case studies, which form a valuable reference source for the future. This course is ideal for those seeking new answers to old problems, and those in search of first time solutions to new problems!
- To enable delegates to identify different problem solving techniques
- To enable delegates to analyse a problem, so that appropriate problem solving techniques can be applied
- To recognise the importance of dealing with the cause of a problem, rather than just dealing with the effect of a problem
- To learn how to generate alternative solutions, using creative thinking and brainstorming
- To learn the different stages of the decision-making process, and understand the importance of each stage in ensuring effective decisions are made
- To enable delegates to apply problem solving and decision-making models to their own workplace
What You Will Gain
- An understanding of different types of problems and how to differentiate between them
- A clear and systematic approach to problem solving and decision-making
- A range of proven models to identify the causes, and diagnose the key aspects of a problem
- An opportunity to examine different ways of approaching a problem, and choosing the most appropriate solution
- An opportunity to practise logical problem solving techniques during the training
- The Power Of Positive Thinking
- Winner And Loser Behaviour
- ‘Owning’ The Problem
- Understanding The Problem
- Categorising The Problem
> Convergent And Divergent Problems
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Benefits Of Using Systematic Problem Solving Techniques
- Defining The Problem
- Measuring The Problem
- Analysing The Problem
> Examining The Root Causes Of The Problem
> The Ishikawa (Fishbone) Diagram
- Review Of Problem Solving Techniques
- Case Studies
- Creative Thinking And Decision-Making
- Brainstorming Techniques
- Analytical And Creative Thinking
- Lateral Thinking
- ‘Idea Spurring’ Questions
- Five Principles Of Creative Thinking
- Making Winning Decisions
- Three Types Of Decisions
- Eight Ingredients For Good Decision-Making
- Decision-Making Traps
- Problem Solving And Decision-Making Exercise
- Putting It All Into Practice In The Workplace
Delegates will be requested to bring a situation / challenge / problem from their workplace to the training, that requires the application of creative thinking.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
End of course ILM Assessment: Each delegate will be required to do a written one-hour Assessment at the end of the course. Delegates must get a 50% pass mark to receive an ILM Certificate.
Total Investment: AED 4,600/- + VAT, which includes – ILM Registration, Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.