Who Should Attend?
Those new to supervisory positions, or those who have received no formal training in Supervisory Management Skills.
This programme is to help people effectively develop their Supervisory Management Skills. The course defines the role of a supervisor, and also the most common difficulties a supervisor will face, especially if working remotely. Clear guidelines are given on each topic, together with training materials, that form a very helpful working manual. Practical exercises and case studies are used to develop the skills and techniques a successful supervisor needs, in their everyday working environment.
- To set out clear guidelines for effective supervisory management
- To enable participants to professionally supervise their staff, by understanding the key principles of leadership and motivation
- To understand the principles of ‘effective communication’, and how to use good communication skills to ensure things get done properly, and on time
- To enable delegates to understand the value of delegation and planning, so they are more effective and efficient in their supervisory role
- To give delegates greater self-awareness to enable them to improve their relationship with those who manage them, and with those they supervise
What You Will Gain
- A comprehensive knowledge of the skills and techniques required to be an effective supervisor
- A greater awareness of yourself and the ways to get maximum performance from your staff / team
- Defining Supervisory Management In Challenging Times
- Definition Of Leadership And The Qualities Required To Lead People
- Different Leadership Roles (Especially In A Crisis)
- Your Preferred Personal Leadership Style – An Assessment
- Leadership Styles – Which Is Appropriate?
- How People Are Motivated
- The Role Of The Supervisor In Motivating Others
- Guidelines On Motivating People
- Planning And Goal Setting
- Steps To Effective Planning
- Guidelines For Setting SMART(ER) Objectives
- Effective Delegation
- Reasons Why Supervisors May Not Delegate
- When To Delegate
- To Whom To Delegate
- How To Delegate
- Using Delegation To Develop Your Team
- How Do We Communicate?
- Barriers To Communication At Work, Especially When Working Remotely
- Communicating Effectively
- Body Language – The Impact Of Non-Verbal Communication
- Being An Active Listener
- Using Relevant Questions – How To Ask Questions That Get The Answers You Really Need
- Corporate Communication
- Reviewing Performance
- Giving Constructive Feedback
- Feedback Principles
- Performance Appraisals
- Coaching Vs Counselling
- Taking It Forward – Applying All The New Skills
During the COVID-19 crisis, a number of our programmes will be offered online with reduced hours and a reduced investment, but with maximum effectiveness.
Please contact us for specific details on the courses we are running. Our Business Development Staff will be happy to provide you with further details.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total ONLINE Investment: AED 2,900/- + VAT