Sales professionals, engineers, marketing professionals, project managers, business development managers, heads of departments, client servicing personnel, etc., and any other individual in charge of preparing a tender request.
About The Programme
This course is the ideal way to learn how to deliver high-quality bids within strict timescales, and effectively manage them in accordance with the required tender (bid) specifications. The programme will enable delegates to accurately complete documents that support their company's tenders and proposals. It will ensure that all tenders fully meet the client requirements, and gives clear guidelines on how to make your organization's tenders stand out, and set them apart, from the competition.
- To understand the basics of bidding
- To recognise the bid cycle
- To establish the role of management (and the procedures) in the bid process
- To learn ways to identify your customer's position
- To understand how to 'qualify' the opportunity
- To learn how to determine the bid strategy
- To understand what the customer's explicit needs are
- Ways to effectively analyse competition
- Understand how to build your bidding / tender team
- Establish a bid plan
- Make the document work for you
- To sell the benefits in your proposal
- Production of the bid / tender document
- Carrying out post-tender activities
- How to present to the customer (if this is allowed, under the bid / tender process)
- Negotiating the final deal
What You Will Gain
The course will cover the entire bid cycle. It will provide you with proven and effective business tools and methods to:
- Evaluate and analyse bid requirements
- Align your approach to what your customers need
- Determine and target the resources you require
- Identify the information you need to bid successfully
- Set up the internal review procedures required for your bid
- Effectively structure your bid documentation
- Differentiate your bid from that of the competition
- Ensure a clear, structured submission is made
- Plan and work efficiently, within tight timescales and deadlines
- Assess and review your submission, to ensure continuous improvement in your tender / bidding strategy
- What Is 'A Bid'?
- Different Terms Of Bid: Request For Proposal (RFP), Request For Information (RFI), Request For Quotation (RFQ), Invitation To Tender (ITT), Etc.
- What Is Bid Management?
- The Bid Process
- The Concept Of Effective Bid Management
- The Bid Team
- Creating An Effective Bid Team
- Identifying The Bid Stakeholders
- Checking Internal Feasibility
- The Bid Budget
>Bottom / Top Budgeting
>Top / Bottom Budgeting
- Analysing The Bid Document
- Setting Objectives
- Assignment Allocation Amongst The Team Members
- Assessing Constraints
- Listing Activities: Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Bid Time Management
>Critical Path Analysis
- Bid Specification Management
- Bid Risk Management
- Managing The Team
- The Communication Process
- Bid Closure
- Preparing The Final Document
- The Pre-Bid Meeting
- Bid Evaluation
- Bid Contract
- Post Tender Meetings / Clarifications / Negotiations
- Bid Closure
- Assessing Your Bid Management Skills
Part of the course may involve delegates preparing bids relevant to their individual company, or organization. They will do this by implementing the learning from the course, in practical easy-to-follow steps, that take them through the management of the complete bid process.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 6,450/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.