Sales professionals, engineers, marketing professionals, project managers, business development managers, heads of departments, client servicing personnel, etc., and any other individual in charge of preparing a tender request.
About The Programme
This course is the ideal way to learn how to deliver high-quality bids within strict timescales, and effectively manage them in accordance with the required tender (bid) specifications. The programme will enable delegates to accurately complete documents that support their company’s response to tenders and proposals. It will ensure that all tender submissions fully meet the client’s requirements. It will also provide clear guidelines on how to make your organization’s tenders stand out and set them apart from your competitors.
- To understand the basics of bidding
- To recognise the bid cycle
- To establish the role of management (and the procedures) in the bid process
- To learn ways to identify your customer’s position
- To understand how to ‘qualify’ the opportunity
- To learn how to determine the bid strategy
- To understand what the customer’s ‘explicit’ needs are
- To learn ways to effectively analyse competition
- To understand how to build your bidding / tender team
- To establish a bid plan
- To learn how to make the documents work for you
- To sell the benefits in your proposal
- To understand the production of the bid / tender document
- To learn how to carry out post-tender activities
- To enable delegates to present to the customer (if this is allowed, under the bid / tender process)
- To provide delegates with different negotiating techniques for the final deal
What You Will Gain
The course will cover the entire bid cycle. It will provide you with proven and effective business tools and methods to:
- Evaluate and analyse bid requirements
- Align your approach to what your customers need
- Determine and target the resources you require
- Identify the information you need to bid successfully
- Set up the internal review procedures required for your bid
- Effectively structure your bid documentation
- Differentiate your bid from that of the competition
- Ensure a clear, structured submission is made
- Plan and work efficiently, within tight timescales and deadlines
- Assess and review your submission, to ensure continuous improvement in your tender / bidding strategy
- What Is 'A Bid'?
- Different Terms Of Bid: Request For Proposal (RFP), Request For Information (RFI), Request For Quotation (RFQ), Invitation To Tender (ITT), Etc.
- What Is Bid Management?
- The Bid Process
- The Concept Of Effective Bid Management
- Identifying The Bid Stakeholders
- Setting Objectives
- Checking Internal Feasibility
- The Bid Team
- Creating An Effective Bid Team
- Analysing The Bid Document
- Responsibility Allocation Amongst The Team
- Assessing Constraints
- Listing Activities: Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Bid Time Management
> Network Diagram
> Critical Path Analysis
> Gantt Chart
- Bid Quality Management
- The Bid Budget
> Bottom / Top Budgeting
> Top / Bottom Budgeting
- Bid Risk Management
- Managing The Team
- The Communication Process
- Preparing The Final Document
- The Pre-Bid Meeting
- Bid Evaluation
- Bid Contract
- Post Tender Meetings / Clarifications / Negotiations
- Bid Closure
- Assessing Your Bid Management Skills
Part of the course may involve delegates preparing bids relevant to their individual company, or organization. They will do this by implementing the learning from the course in practical, easy-to-follow steps, that take them through the management of the complete bid process.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED 6,450/- + VAT (applicable as of 1st January 2018), which includes - Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.
|Date:||18th - 20th Sep 2018|
|Brochure Price:||AED 6,450/- + VAT|
|Online Price:||AED 6,128/- + VAT|