- To clearly identify the principle characteristics of high performing teams
- To provide a powerful platform on which delegates can build, and develop, effective team leadership skills
- To explore the different team leadership styles, and learn the team role preferences of the delegates
- To examine the skills required for effective communication within teams
- To analyse the qualities required to lead a team towards consistent levels of high performance
- A clear definition of a ‘High Performance Team’
- An understanding of leadership principles and techniques that build strong teams
- An insight into the behaviours, skills, qualities, etc., of leaders of successful high performing teams
- An awareness of your own management style
- An understanding of team dynamics and ‘the cycle of team development’
- An awareness of team roles and how they influence team performance
- You will learn about the essential processes of good team communication
- You will explore how to deal with challenging team situations
- What Is ‘High Performance’?
- What Are The Characteristics That Make ‘High Performing Teams’ Different From Other Teams?
- Defining Leadership
- The Behaviours, Skills, Qualities, Etc., Needed To Lead A High Performance Team
- Skills To Be A Better Leader
- Managing Vs Leading
- Practical Examples Of Leadership In Action
> Redefining – What Can We Do Better?
> Action-Centred Leadership
- Creating An Environment For High Performance
- How Do We Measure Performance?
- Setting Goals And Objectives
> The Benefits Of Objective Setting
> The Difficulties Associated With Objective Setting
> SMART(ER) Objectives
- Solving Problems Associated With Performance
- A Reminder Of The Characteristics Of High Performance Teams
- A Closer Look At Communication
> The Communication Process
> First Impressions
> Active Listening
> Overcoming The Barriers To Effective Communication
> Good Questioning Techniques
- Giving And Receiving Feedback
> A Formula For Giving Feedback
> How To Ensure Your Team Is Ready For Feedback
> How To Delegate
> Levels Of Delegation
> Willingness Vs Ability
- Where Is Your Team Focused?
> What Is Motivation?
> The Benefits Of Motivation
> The Signs Of Demotivation
> Brainstorm Ideas To Better Motivate Your Team On A Zero Budget
- Team Building Activity
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
End of course ILM Assessment: each delegate will be required to do a written one-hour Assessment at the end of the course. Delegates must get a 50% pass mark to receive an ILM Certificate.
Total Investment: AED 4,600/- + VAT (applicable as of 1st January 2018), which includes - ILM Registration, Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.