About The Programme
This two-day workshop is challenging from the outset. It is a blend of ‘Trainer-led’ and ‘experiential learning’. It identifies the key concepts of creative thinking and problem solving. It gives the delegates a range of versatile and effective techniques, backed up by excellent course notes and case studies, which form a valuable reference source for the future. This course is ideal for those seeking new answers to old problems, and those in search of first time solutions to new problems!
- To enable delegates to identify different problem solving techniques
- To enable delegates to analyse a problem, so that appropriate problem solving techniques can be applied
- To recognise the importance of dealing with the cause of a problem, rather than just dealing with the effect of a problem
- To learn how to generate alternative solutions, using creative thinking and brainstorming
- To learn the different stages of the decision-making process, and understand the importance of each stage in ensuring effective decisions are made
- To enable delegates to apply problem solving and decision-making models to their own workplace
- An understanding of different types of problems and how to differentiate between them
- A clear and systematic approach to problem solving and decision-making
- A range of proven models to identify the causes, and diagnose the key aspects of a problem
- An opportunity to examine different ways of approaching a problem and choosing the most appropriate solution
- An opportunity to practise logical problem solving techniques during the training
- The Power Of Positive Thinking
- Winner And Loser Behaviour
- ‘Owning’ The Problem
- Understanding The Problem
- Categorising The Problem
> Convergent And Divergent Problems
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Benefits Of Using Systematic Problem Solving Techniques
- Defining The Problem
- Measuring The Problem
- Analysing The Problem
> Examining The Root Causes Of The Problem
> The Ishikawa (Fishbone) Diagram
- Review Of Problem Solving Techniques
- Case Studies
- Creative Thinking And Decision-Making
- Brainstorming Techniques
- Analytical And Creative Thinking
- Lateral Thinking
- ‘Idea Spurring’ Questions
- Five Principles Of Creative Thinking
- Making Winning Decisions
- Three Types Of Decisions
- Eight Ingredients For Good Decision-Making
- Decision-Making Traps
- Problem Solving And Decision-Making Exercise
- Putting It Into Practice In The Workplace
Delegates will be requested to bring a situation / challenge / problem from their workplace that requires the application of creative thinking.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
End of course ILM Assessment: each delegate will be required to do a written one-hour Assessment at the end of the course. Delegates must get a 50% pass mark to receive an ILM Certificate.
Total Investment: AED 4,600/- + VAT (applicable as of 1st January 2018), which includes - ILM Registration, Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.
|Date:||13th - 14th Dec 2017|
|Brochure Price:||AED / QR 4,600/-|
|Online Price:||AED / QR 4,370/-|