Who Should Attend?
This course is for those who would like to bring creativity into their PowerPoint slides. Whether you are a beginner with Microsoft® PowerPoint, or have basic working knowledge, and would like to explore the various creative possibilities available in Microsoft® PowerPoint, this is the course for you.
About The Programme
This two-day programme, covers the basics of Microsoft® PowerPoint on Day One, and looks at advanced topics on Day Two. Delegates who feel they already have basic working knowledge of Microsoft® PowerPoint, or are familiar with some Day One topics, should view Day One as a 'refresher'.
- Understand the basics of Microsoft® PowerPoint 2010, and how it is different from its previous version
- Understand how to navigate efficiently to the relevant tools within the Microsoft® PowerPoint Ribbon
- Practise using PowerPoint tools and functions, to prepare creative designs and slides
- Gain a better understanding of the various PowerPoint tools, and how they can be used in your presentations, to create impactful and professional PowerPoint presentations
- Use keyboard shortcuts to improve your efficiency and speed while using PowerPoint
- Insert charts / graphs / movies / sounds, etc., into your PowerPoint presentations
- Use the various Format functions available to enhance the creation and design of your PowerPoint slides
What You Will Gain
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft® PowerPoint
- Quick and easy ways of creating and formatting your PowerPoint slides
- The ability to easily create, and apply, customised designs to all your PowerPoint slides
- An understanding of how to insert media into your PowerPoint presentations, and embed them
- An awareness of the types of charts, graphs, pictures, etc., that can be inserted into your PowerPoint slides, and how they can be formatted
- A list of keyboard shortcuts for frequently used tools, and how to use them to increase speed
- Knowledge of how to insert hyperlinks, other PowerPoint presentations, or a slide from the same presentation, etc.
- The Microsoft® Ribbon And The Home Button – What Is New In Microsoft® PowerPoint 2010?
- Understanding Commands, Tabs, And Groups
- Creating New PowerPoint Presentations
>Inserting And Deleting Slides From Your Presentation
- Choosing The Layout For Your Slides
- Inserting Slides From Different PowerPoint Presentations
- PowerPoint Views And The Benefit Of Each
- Adding And Formatting Text Boxes To Your Slides
- Formatting Text In Your Slides
- Inserting Pictures, 3D Shapes, AutoShapes Into Your PowerPoint, And Working With Them
- Inserting Charts / Graphs Into Your PowerPoint Presentations
- Creating A Photo Album In PowerPoint
- Applying Preset Design Themes To Your Slides
>Customising Your Own Theme
- Building Your Own Custom Font And Colour Set
- Customising The Quick Access Tool Bar
- Running Your Slide Show
- Merging And Comparing PowerPoint Presentations
- Printing Your PowerPoint Presentation And Handouts
- Inserting Tables Into Your Slides
>Formatting The Style And Colour Of Your Table
>Merging And Splitting Cells
>Formatting Text, Rows And Columns Within Your Table
- Inserting Media Into Your PowerPoint Presentation
>Downloading Media (Sound / Video Clip)
>Converting Them To PowerPoint Compatible Formats
>Trimming Your Videos In PowerPoint
>Embedding Videos Within Your Slide
>Formatting Media Icons In PowerPoint
- Adding Animation And Transition Effects, To Your PowerPoint
>Customising The Preset Animation Effects
>Applying Animations And Transition Effects To Your PowerPoint
- Customising Your Slide Show
>Inserting Links, Action Buttons, Or 'Mouse Over' Commands
>Rehearsing Your Presentation With Timings
>Reviewing Tools Available For Use During A Slide Show
- Advanced Formatting For AutoShapes, Smart Art, Clip Art, Etc.
>Fill Options And Effects
>Standard And Custom Colours
>Adding Gradients And Textures
>Inserting Text Into Shapes
>Advanced Formatting For Pictures
>Change Brightness, Contrast, Etc., For Pictures
>Compress Pictures In Your Presentation
>Change The Order And Alignment Of Pictures
>Rotate, Crop, Group, And Ungroup Pictures
>Maintaining Proportion While Resizing Pictures
- Inserting WordArt Into Your Slides
- Creating A PowerPoint Portable Package On CD
- Creating A Video Of Your PowerPoint Presentation
- Customising PowerPoint Options
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 2,600/- which includes – Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.