Who Should Attend?
Human Resources Managers, Learning & Development/Training Managers, Directors, Senior & Middle Managers, Supervisors, and anyone involved in Succession Planning in the company / organization.
About The Programme
This interactive course will enable you to consider strategies related to successfully identifying and developing internal potentials, with the aim for them to assume strategic and leadership roles as they become available in the company / organization. By having potential successors in place through effective internal training and development, your organisation will be prepared for expansion or the loss of key employees in the future, along with all the other benefits of preparing future managers from within.
- To understand what succession planning is and the advantages of it
- To know how to prepare a successor
- To recognise that effective managers get great results, great managers do the same but also prepare someone to continue that success
- To know what leadership is and the differences between leadership and management
- To recognise how situational leadership can help prepare successors
- To understand that coaching, mentoring and delegation are important for preparing successors
- To know the benefits of delegation and how to delegate effectively
- To understand what coaching is and how to coach an employee
- To know what mentoring is and how to mentor an employee
- To recognise other ways of developing employees
- To understand about motivation and how to motivate others
What You Will Gain
- An understanding of the key aspects required for an effective succession planning programme
- Recognition of the many benefits and advantages that succession planning brings to an organisation
- Knowledge of how to implement a succession planning strategy in the workplace
- An understanding of how a manager should prepare a successor
- Knowledge of what leadership is, several leadership models, how to delegate, motivate, coach and mentor, all of which are important when preparing a successor
- Succession Planning
- Definition Of Succession Planning
- Why Prepare A Successor?
- Advantage Of Succession Planning
- Differences Between An Effective Leader And A Great Leader
- Developing A Succession Planning Strategy
- How To Implement A Succession Planning Strategy
- How Managers Can Develop Successors
- Advantages / Disadvantages Of Telling An Employee They Are A Potential
- Great Leaders Prepare Successors
- Leadership – Definition Of It And What It Means
- Differences Between Leadership & Management
- The Origins Of The Words ‘Lead’ & ‘Manage’
- Differences between Leadership And Management
- All Managers Have To Both Lead And Manage
- Characteristics / Qualities Of Effective Leaders
- The Management Grid – Five Management Styles (Mouton And Blake)
- Preparing A Successor Through Effective Delegation
- Why Managers Do Not Delegate More
- Benefits Of Delegation
- The Process Of Delegation
- Five Golden Rules For Better Delegation
- Situational Leadership – Leading An Employee To Complete A Task
- Knowing When To Direct, Coach, Support Or Delegate To Them
- Improving Motivational Skills
- What Is Motivation And How People Are Motivated By Different Things
- Motivational Theories – Maslow And Herzberg
- Exercise – What Motivates Employees?
- Tips And Guidelines On How To Motivate Employees
- Different Ways To Develop Successors And Other Employees
- Advantages Of Developing Employees
- Ways To Develop Successors/Employees
- The Important Of Coaching And Mentoring For Preparing Successors
- The Differences Between Coaching And Mentoring
- How To Coach Successors/Employees:
- Definition Of Coaching
- Two Manager-Coach Styles
- Questions A Coach Can Ask
- The GROW Coaching Model
- Coaching Role-Plays
- Mentoring Successors – The Mentor’s Role
- The Benefits Of Mentoring
- Guidelines For Mentoring A Successor, Including How to Mentor Passively
- Characteristics Of An Effective Mentor
- Summary – Steps For Implementing Succession Planning
During the COVID-19 crisis, a number of our programmes will be offered online with reduced hours and a reduced investment, but with maximum effectiveness.
Please contact us for specific details on the courses we are running. Our Business Development Staff will be happy to provide you with further details.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total ONLINE Investment: AED 2,900/- + VAT