- To increase self-esteem and confidence when dealing with difficult situations
- To be able to identify your own behavioural style and that of others
- To learn the difference between aggressive, passive, and assertive behaviours
- To learn how to use a variety of assertiveness techniques
- To improve communication and interpersonal skills
- To have the opportunity to practise new behaviours in a safe and supportive environment
- Increased self-esteem and confidence in your ability to deal with a variety of situations effectively
- The ability to deal with passive or aggressive people in an appropriate / positive manner
- An awareness of effective assertiveness techniques
- The communication skills necessary to be more assertive
- An opportunity to practise new behaviours in a safe and supportive environment
- What Is 'Assertiveness'?
> What It Is Not
> Why We Need It
- Behavioural Styles
> What Are The Indicators Of Each Style?
> Understanding How To Adapt To Each Style
> Practising How To Build Effective Relationships
- Communicating Effectively
> First Impressions
> Body Language
> Verbal Communication
> Listening Skills
> Assertiveness In Communication
> How To Be Assertive
- Assertiveness Techniques
> Positive Inner Dialogue
> The 'Broken Record' Technique
> Discrepancy Assertion
> Negative Feelings Assertion
> Saying 'No' Constructively
> The DESC Script (Describe, Explain, Say, Commitment)
- Transactional Analysis: Understanding How And When To Use It
- Workable Compromise
- Choosing Different Techniques To Handle Difficult Situations
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED 2,150/- + VAT (applicable as of 1st January 2018), which includes - Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.