- To enable participants to gain a clear understanding of the multicultural challenges in the workplace
- To recognise how these challenges have the potential to affect performance and interpersonal relationships
- To understand the role of good interpersonal skills in the multicultural workplaces of the Gulf region
- To encourage delegates to become aware of how they can successfully operate within a multicultural environment, and the importance of creating a positive, lasting first impression
- Techniques for improving the clarity of the message to be communicated within a multicultural team
- A clearer understanding of how your own culture influences your behaviour, and how to maximise interactions with others
- An understanding of the appropriate protocol and business etiquette needed in a multicultural environment
- An understanding of the ‘Do’s’ and ‘Don’ts’ of living and working in a multicultural environment
- Cultural Sensitivity
> What Is 'Culture'?
> Understanding Different Perspectives And Viewpoints Of Culture
- Understanding Why Values Are Important To Cultural Awareness
> The Dangers Of Stereotyping
> Dealing With Stereotyping
- Working With Multicultural Teams
- The Dimensions Of Culture
- ‘Culture Shock’
> Defining ‘Culture Shock’
> The Implications Of ‘Culture Shock’
> Cross-Cultural Competencies
> Interpersonal And Cultural Sensitivity
- Characteristics Of Successful Cross-Cultural Communicators
> Barriers To Effective Communication (‘Building Walls’ Activity)
> Overcoming The Barriers To Effective Communication
> The Communication Iceberg
> Cross-Cultural Negotiation
> Building And Maintaining Effective Relationships
> The Influence Matrix
- Action Plan For Future Learning
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED 2,150/- + VAT (applicable as of 1st January 2018), which includes - Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.