- To provide each delegate with the knowledge and confidence to conduct successful negotiations with skilled buyers and negotiators, without making excessive concessions
- To allow delegates to improve their selling and negotiating skills through a series of enjoyable and highly participative exercises
- To gain a clear understanding of the concept of 'variables' and how they can be traded to create value in a negotiation
- To provide delegates with a clear understanding of the techniques and interpersonal skills required to be an effective negotiator
- To focus on weaknesses identified by delegates in their present knowledge of negotiating skills, and address these problems in a constructive and positive manner
- To prepare a development plan for delegates, which identifies their future development objectives in relation to negotiation skills
- A better overall understanding of negotiation, the techniques and interpersonal skills required to be successful in negotiating
- Knowledge of crucial negotiation tools and strategies
- The opportunity to participate in realistic negotiation exercises, which will help you to understand your strengths and weaknesses as a negotiator
- A development plan that identifies future objectives for helping you to improve your negotiation skills
All three days of the programme start with an introductory session from the Trainer, and then rapidly move into 'experiential' role-play exercises. After each exercise, there is a detailed debrief and Trainer input, before moving on to the next exercise. It is a continually improving scenario for each delegate, as they receive feedback from those they have negotiated with, and from observations made by the Trainer. This format works exceptionally well, and participants find it a very enjoyable and challenging environment to work in.
During each day, key themes will be explored and learning points emphasised.
DAY ONE is spent examining the key basic ideas required for successful negotiation. Cost / concession areas, the use of variables, and the five outcomes of negotiation are discussed.
Delegates are encouraged to examine their preferred negotiating style (or styles), and understand and appreciate other styles that may be useful to use in negotiating. They also need to identify the style of those with whom they are negotiating. A number of role-plays will be conducted on Day One.
DAY TWO has many exercises for delegates to participate in. Some of the key learning points from the day relate to 'Hot Buttons', and the types of behaviours used by successful negotiators. Other issues explored are dealing with multicultural issues in negotiation, and the importance of thorough planning and preparation before entering into any negotiation. Communication and influencing skills are also covered. Delegates will learn to appreciate that it is not always about how we like to deliver information that is important, but how other people like to receive information.
DAY THREE starts with a review of the first two days, and the key learning points from them. It then moves on to more sophisticated exercises and the varied aspects of team negotiation. Key points covered include: dealing with dirty tricks in negotiation, common mistakes made by negotiators, and identifying a very clear framework for negotiations when delegates return to their work environment.
Over the three days of the course, the topics listed below will be covered. But much of the programme involves delegates preparing for, and participating in, role-play negotiations.**
**Delegates will participate in a minimum of six 'experiential' negotiation role-play exercises during the programme.
Topics Covered Over The 3 Days:
- What Is 'Negotiation'?
- How Does Negotiation Differ From Selling?
- The Five Outcomes Of A Negotiation
- The Importance Of The BATNA
- The ZOPA
- The Importance Of Planning, Planning, Planning!
- Practical Use Of The Planning Matrix
- What Constitutes A Win In Negotiation?
- Setting Objectives
- What Are The Skills And Qualities Needed To Be An Effective Negotiator?
- Identifying Your Current Strengths And Weaknesses As A Negotiator
- Negotiating Styles
- Introduction To Variables
- Negotiation Exercise: Identify The Key Variables
- Variables In Your Own Negotiations
- The Give:Get Principle
- 'Compete' Or 'Collaborate'
- Win:Win Negotiation – The Three Key Rules
- The Importance Of Communication In Negotiation
- Understanding Non-Verbal Communication
- Effective Questioning Techniques
- Listening Skills In Negotiation
- Dealing With Difficult People – Including 'The Low Reactors'
- Preparation Guidelines
- The Climate For Negotiations
- Opening The Negotiation
- The Importance Of Adopting The Right Attitude
- Some Rules For Team Negotiation
- The Phases Of A Negotiation
- Some Common Negotiation Mistakes And Pitfalls
- Key Points And Negotiation Techniques
- Taking Away All The Important Learning Points From The Programme
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 6,450/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.
|Date:||05th - 07th Dec 2017|
|Brochure Price:||AED / QR 6,450/-|
|Online Price:||AED / QR 6,128/-|