Fatima is a Canadian national, of Kuwaiti origin, fluent in English and Arabic. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Event Management, and a Master of Arts Degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) from the University Of Hertfordshire.
Her key areas of expertise include Sales, Customer Service, Leadership and Management, Coaching and Developing People, and Emotional Intelligence.
Having been originally from the region, and grown up in Canada, she gained an in-depth understanding of cross-cultural backgrounds and ethnicities which enables her to relate to different cultures and nations.
Her career began in 2009, as an Assistant Addictions Counsellor at the Ottawa Withdrawal Management Centre in Canada (OWMC). In this role, she taught addicts how to lead a healthy lifestyle to sustain sobriety. Fatima cared about every patient’s well-being and was excellent in building trust with her patients due to her self-authenticity, honesty, and integrity, which tremendously helped hasten the patient’s recovery process. She successfully applied adult learning theories to ensure patients get the best out of their physical, mental, and emotional development.
Fatima’s love for improving societal challenges and individual behaviour resulted in her pursuing a Diploma in Social Work from Algonquin College, Canada, where she learnt about community challenges and cognitive behavioural therapy.
Apart from social work, Fatima co-founded Gulf House in downtown Toronto, Canada. The restaurant was recognised as one of the first Arabian Gulf Cuisine in the region, and was featured in several well-known newspapers and food magazines. Fatima handled the day-to-day management responsibilities of the restaurant which helped her understand key business skills such as finance and budgeting, leadership and team management, problem solving, delegation, and time management.
In 2013, Fatima and her family relocated to Saudi Arabia. In line with what she was doing in Canada, Fatima became a Guidance Counsellor for an International School in Riyadh. In this role, she created intervention plans to help students improve on their academic, behavioural, and social skills. She also trained the teachers and staff on how to support children with learning difficulties.
Her desire in creating value for learners’ professional development inspired her to take a role as a freelance Trainer, delivering soft skills training to government and private sector companies on topics such as Sales, Effective Communication, Leadership, Stress and Time Management, Mental Health, Emotional Intelligence, and Quality Customer Service.
Fatima felt she needed a new challenge and made a career choice to move to Dubai in 2016, where she assumed a Relationship Manager position at DAMAC, one of UAE’s leading premier luxury property developers.
Her notable sales track record, closing a number of high-value real estate deals, paralleled with her previous training experience, earned her a promotion to become a Corporate Trainer at DAMAC. In this role, she was assigned to create and deliver training that enhanced the sales team’s performance and developed a range of learning interventions for other departments. Fatima used her keen aptitude for training in planning, designing, and delivering sales and product related training, and courses on effective communication, negotiation, influencing, and persuasion.
In 2019, Fatima joined ARADA, a leading property development company based in Sharjah, in the United Arab Emirates, as Learning & Development Manager, managing the talent development function of more than 500 employees. She conducted Training Needs Analysis across all departments to identify learning priorities and aligned departmental goals with organizational goals. Fatima single-handily launched and managed a Learning Management System (LMS) to cater to all the employees in the organization.
In September 2021, Fatima successfully completed Level 5 CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) U.K. Associate Diploma in Learning and Development. This training upgraded her skills and helped her develop practical, hands-on knowledge in learning and development.
Fatima is passionate about people achieving their learning goals, and ensures she delivers high quality training with extraordinary energy to inspire people to learn and motivate them towards top-level performance.
In 2022, Fatima joined Spearhead Training as a Senior Management Associate. Her key areas of expertise include:
Management and Leadership
- Supervisory Management Skills (City & Guilds – ILM Recognised)
- Leading High Performance Teams For Stronger Business Performance (City & Guilds – ILM Recognised)
- Creative Problem Solving & Decision-Making (City & Guilds – ILM Recognised)
- Planning & Organizing Skills – Achieving Your Highest Priorities
- Developing Effective Interpersonal & Communication Skills (City & Guilds – ILM Recognised)
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence (City & Guilds – ILM Recognised)
- Presentation Skills – Making A Powerful Impact On Any Audience (City & Guilds – ILM Recognised)
- Advanced Presentation Skills
- Self & Time Management
- Stress & Anger Management In The Workplace
- Assertiveness Skills (& Dealing With Difficult Situations)
- Closing Sales
- Professional Sales Skills – The Key Elements Of Successful Selling (City & Guilds – ILM Recognised)
- Advanced Selling Skills
- Negotiation Skills – Learn How To Negotiate Like A Professional!
- Managing A Winning Sales Team
- Key Account Management
- Learning Powerful Telesales Skills
- Excellence In Customer Service
- Customer Care & Telephone Skills
- Etiquette For Excellent Telephone Skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Developing A ‘World-Class Customer Service’ – As A Competitive Strategy
- Coaching Individuals and Teams
- Leadership and Communication
- Happiness and Well-being in the Workplace
- Sales Process