Who Should Attend?
Those who are responsible for events such as conferences, seminars, product launches, exhibitions, gala dinners, concerts, competitions, etc., as part of their job role. Delegates will learn the vital planning and management techniques to help them meet the objectives and demands of a variety of events and projects.
About The Program
Events – big or small – are successful when they run smoothly, with appropriate resources, and when the strategic objectives are fully met. The key to effective event management is planning and preparation, providing for contingencies, and having a flexible and adaptable approach to manage different situations.
This program provides highly participative activities to lead delegates through the process of managing an event, from concept and planning, to execution and evaluation. By the end of the program, delegates will be able to utilise a basic framework they can implement back in the workplace.
- To understand the role of an event manager / organizer
- To learn basic planning and organizing skills to ensure an event completes on schedule, and within budget
- To understand the role of events in the context of integrated marketing communications, as part of promoting the business strategy
- To explore creativity in designing event concepts
- To understand the importance of managing teams for a successful event
- To examine the use of cost control mechanisms
- To review the importance of sustainable event planning
- To learn the value of contingency planning
- To understand the importance of post-event evaluation
What You Will Gain
- The confidence to organize events which run smoothly and are a credit to your organization
- A step-by-step guide on how to produce timely, well-run, events that stakeholders and attendees will remember for all the right reasons
- An insight into how to harness creative ideas, and transform them into unique events
- Introduction To Event Management
> The Event Manager
> Identifying Key Players
> Classification Of Events
> The Event Management Process
> Developing The Concept
> Analysis And Logistics
> The Venue
> Permits, Licences, And Sponsorship
> Risk Management
> Budget And Financial Management
> Feasibility Study
> Event Proposal
- Pre-Event (Continued)
> The Planning Process
> Marketing And Promotion
- The Event
> The Program / Schedule
> The Roles Of An Event Manager At The Event
>> Task Management
>> People Management
>> On-Site Facilities
>> Safety And Crowd Management
> Management Of The Event
> Clearing Up
> Evaluation Reports
> Sponsors And Media Feedback
> Financial Matters
NOTE: Case studies and practical exercises will be used during the course, to make this a lively and participative program. Delegates will have the opportunity to discuss ideas and concerns regarding forthcoming events they may be responsible for coordinating. It is impossible to anticipate every eventuality, but this course will provide a thorough understanding of what the event manager should expect.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
End of course ILM Assessment: Each delegate will be required to do a written one-hour Assessment at the end of the course. Delegates must get a 50% pass mark to receive an ILM Certificate.
Total Investment: AED 4,600/- + VAT, which includes – Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.