Who Should Attend?*
Negotiators at all levels, – purchasing managers, sales managers, general managers, etc., and anyone involved in high-level and challenging business-to-business negotiations.
*This programme builds on the foundations of the Spearhead three-day Negotiation Skills course (It is essential that delegates have attended this course, or a similar programme in the past 2 – 4 years). This will allow delegates to fully benefit from the key topics covered during this course.
About The Programme
Advanced Negotiation Skills examines ways to enhance your negotiation outcomes, and reviews the latest ideas and techniques in negotiation. By focusing on the ‘value of the deal’, and examining the different issues that interfere with successful outcomes, you will be able to ensure greater success and longer lasting relationships from your future negotiations. Key issues covered include: the importance of excellent planning, how to set your own objectives, knowing when to ‘walk away’, and understanding the key tactics employed by top negotiators.
- To learn how to effectively plan a negotiation
- To understand the critical role of the BATNA and the ZOPA
- To explore techniques for overcoming deadlock
- To learn how to deal with difficult people
- To learn the tactics employed by top negotiators
- To understand how to deal with dirty tricks
What You Will Gain
- The opportunity to improve your planning and objective setting in your negotiations
- The ability to better assess the other party’s needs, and try to work towards ‘Win:Win’ outcomes
- An understanding of why deadlock occurs in negotiations, and strategies to get around it
- Learning new tools and tactics for negotiating
- The opportunity to practise these tools in realistic exercises, which will help you to fully understand their usefulness and effectiveness
- A development plan – which identifies clear objectives to help you improve your negotiation outcomes and get better deals!
This two-day programme uses experiential role-play exercises to emphasise the key themes. After each exercise, there is a detailed debriefing and Trainer input, before moving on to the next exercise. Each delegate undergoes continuous improvement through this highly interactive programme. They will receive feedback from those they have negotiated with, and from observations made by the Trainer. This format works exceptionally well, and participants find it an enjoyable and challenging environment in which to develop, and enhance, their negotiating skills.
During the course there will be a number of highly challenging, interactive, negotiation role-plays.** At the end of each role-play, you will receive detailed feedback from both the delegates you have negotiated with, and the Trainer. This constant feedback will help you to significantly improve your overall negotiation skills over the two days of the course.
Trainer input will focus on the following, which will be covered over the two days.
- The Key Skills Of Top Negotiators
- The Five Outcomes Of Negotiation
- Identifying Key Objectives In Your Negotiations
- Negotiating Styles
- Your Style In Conflict Situations
- Rights, Power, And Interest In Your Negotiations
- Planning To Succeed (Including Using A Negotiation Planner Matrix)
- The Climate For Negotiations
- Knowing Your BATNA
- BATNA ‘Rules’ In Negotiation
- The Role Of The ZOPA
- How To Expand The ZOPA
- Dirty Tricks And How To Handle Them
- The Elements Of A Negotiation Plan
- Deadlock And How To Overcome It
- Dealing With Difficult People
- Some Tactics Of Top Negotiators
**Delegates will participate in a number of ‘experiential’ negotiation role-play exercises during the programme.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED 4,300/- + VAT, which includes – Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.