Suzanne is a UK national who has been working internationally in training and development in the U.S. and the Middle East since 2008.
Suzanne’s areas of expertise include: Creativity and Innovation, Creative Problem Solving & Decision-Making, Management & Leadership, Leading High-Performance Teams, Personal Development, Change Management, and Emotional Intelligence.
She holds an MSc in Organizational Change Management and a Post-Master’s Certificate in Leadership and Management Change from the progressive ‘The New School’ University, New York City. In 2015, Suzanne was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship (post-graduate, all disciplines) in support of her studies, where she was selected as one of just 46 candidates out of 66,000 UK applicants for this prestigious study award. During her time in the U.S. Suzanne had the opportunity to advise senior level executives on large (and small scale) change management initiatives across various sectors, from the U.S. Government, to a number of Fortune 100 companies. She was invited to teach part-time at leading academic institutions such as Parsons School of Design, New York City, where she taught ‘Innovation’ and ‘Design Management’ in the School of Design Strategies. Additionally, she co-taught ‘Agile Management for Software Developers’, alongside Organizational Change expert, Richard Kasperowski, at Harvard University, and Design Thinking alongside Gabrielle Santa-Donato, from Stanford’s Life Design Lab, considered the founding institution, globally, in the world of ‘Design Thinking’.
Suzanne’s training career has covered 15+ years in Learning & Leadership Development with Emergent & Accomplished Leaders, 10+ years in Program & Project Management, and over 5 years in Change Management, Design Thinking / Human-Centered Design, Innovation Strategy, Management Consulting and Workforce Transformation. Suzanne enjoys the challenge of designing and delivering engaging and impactful learning experiences across platforms, across generations, cultures, and functions. She seeks organizations that are excited by innovative approaches, believe in the creative potential of their people, and want to unleash this potential to bring about the positive results they desire.
Suzanne specifically enjoys working with teams ‘to enable them to unlock their own creativity’, and harness their ‘collective intelligence’, for more innovative and human-centred solutions.
Since returning to the UAE in 2018, she has facilitated workshops for students and faculty at the newly opened Dubai Institute of Design and Innovation (DIDI). She has also facilitated ‘Design Makeathons’ alongside staff from Palmwood (part of the leading global design and innovation firm IDEO) to enable the UAE Government to prototype innovative solutions for the ongoing prosperity of the region. More recently, she has been training Emirati ‘Millennials’ in soft skills, as part of Mubadala’s ‘Workforce Readiness Program’.
When she is not in a training environment, Suzanne is training in the dance studio. As a creative, outgoing person, she has trained in all styles of dance, and is an elite level Tap Dancer. She shares her passion for dance through performances and teaching. In 2011, she co-founded Dubai Desert Dance (DDD), a platform for youth dance development in educational establishments in the UAE.
DDD has since introduced thousands of youths in the region to dance education, training, and performances, helping them harness their creativity and leadership skills. More recently she founded and now co-produces, ‘Tap Dance Festival UK’, the UK’s only dedicated Tap Dance Convention. The convention attracts participants and faculty from all over the world and has experienced 100% growth during the 3 years it has been operating.
Suzanne is fundamentally a leader (and lover) of learning, and a champion of change, with a passion for people. She designs and facilitates training and learning experiences that ignite, engage, and inspire others to action. She looks forward to working with her clients to find creative and energising ways to improve their overall business performance.
Suzanne joined Spearhead Training in 2019 as a Senior Management Associate.
Her key areas of expertise include:
Management & Leadership
- Developing Management Skills (City & Guilds – ILM Endorsed)
- Supervisory Management Skills (City & Guilds – ILM Endorsed)
- Creativity & Innovation Workshop
- Leading High Performance Teams For Stronger Business Performance (City & Guilds – ILM Endorsed)
- Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Creative Problem Solving & Decision-Making (City & Guilds – ILM Endorsed)
- The Fundamentals Of Project Management (City & Guilds – ILM Endorsed)
- Event Management (City & Guilds – ILM Endorsed)
- Coaching For Optimum Performance (City & Guilds – ILM Endorsed)
- Planning & Organizing Skills – Achieving Your Highest Priorities
HR / Human Capital Management & Training
- Competency-Based Interviewing Skills – For Recruitment & Selection
- Train The Trainer – Group Training Techniques (City & Guilds – ILM Endorsed)
- Presentation Skills – Making A Powerful Impact On Any Audience (City & Guilds – ILM Endorsed)
- Advanced Presentation Skills
- Self & Time Management
- Stress & Anger Management In The Workplace
- Developing Effective Interpersonal & Communication Skills (City & Guilds – ILM Endorsed)
- Assertiveness Skills (& Dealing With Difficult Situations)
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence (City & Guilds – ILM Endorsed)
Additional Courses (In-Company Only)
- Coaching & Consulting For Established And Emergent Leaders
- Conflict Management
- Teambuilding And Collaboration
- Strategic Design