Who Should Attend?
This is an ideal course for anyone who needs to use effective coaching skills to develop others; whether they are line managers / supervisors, internal coaches, or HR professionals. Coaching is an essential activity to help improve, enhance, and develop, a person’s skills and behaviour in today’s workplace. Good coaching has a very positive impact on the retention of knowledge and skills after a person has been fully developed.
About The Programme
There is no more effective way to train and / or develop someone, than by the application of good one-to-one coaching. By the end of this course, delegates will have understood the ‘power of coaching’. Coaching is an essential tool for today’s business leaders, to help motivate and enhance the skills of individual personnel. Delegates will understand, and appreciate, the key stages and skills of coaching. They will be able to introduce a new ‘coaching culture’ into their teams, and organization. They will learn the six-step GROW(TH) Coaching Model – a flexible, highly effective, coaching framework that takes the well-known four-step GROW model to a higher level. On the programme, many opportunities will be given for practising coaching skills in a ‘risk-free’ environment. This ensures delegates return to their workplace, with the key skills and knowledge needed to be an effective coach.
- To understand the benefits of coaching and the key role of the coach
- To identify the various stages of the GROW(TH) coaching process
- To plan, and deliver, a one-to-one coaching session
- To practise the skills at all stages of the coaching process
What You Will Gain
- A clear understanding of the Six-Step GROW(TH) model
- The skills to prepare, structure, and carry out, effective coaching sessions, to help you reach, and exceed, the standards required to be a good workplace coach
- The techniques to increase both the motivation and skill levels of your team
- The opportunity to practise your newly learned coaching skills in one-to-one sessions on the course
- Assessing The Ability Levels Of Your Staff
- Coaching, Mentoring, Training, Counselling: The Differences Between Them
- Coaching Styles
- The Benefits Of Coaching
- The Skills And Qualities Of An Effective Coach
- The ‘GROW(TH)’ Coaching Model
- Asking The Right Questions
- Objective Setting For A Coaching Session
- Feedback And Review
- The Six Key Stages Of Coaching
- Preparation And Planning For A Coaching Meeting
- The Pitfalls Of Coaching And How To Avoid Them
- Tools To Record A Coaching Session
- Role-Plays – The Full Coaching Process
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
End of course ILM Assessment: each delegate will be required to do a written one-hour Assessment at the end of the course. Delegates must get a 50% pass mark to receive an ILM Certificate.
Total Investment: AED 4,600/- + VAT, which includes – Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.