Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, administrators, support staff, customer service staff – and anyone within an organization, who is showing symptoms of stress they may be unable, or struggling, to deal with. It would also be a useful course for anyone who believes stress could be an imminent, or potential, problem in their work situation, either for themselves, or their staff. Attending this course could help to prevent serious future health and morale problems.
About The Programme
Stress is the adverse reaction people have to excessive pressure, or other types of demands placed on them. It can be caused due to issues at work, concern about something outside of work, or a combination of the two.
This course offers an insight into work-related stress: the causes and effects. Stress management in the workplace requires more than just helpful tips. Changing economic times can pull us in multiple directions. The pressures and demands between work and personal life are often blurred. As a result, the consequences of stress come from what is happening to each of us, both at work, and away from it.
Many world, and government health organizations, have become so concerned, they have issued guidelines to employers on how to reduce stress at work, and recommend that staff attend stress management programmes. Learning to balance the extra demands of the workplace with family and personal needs, is central to reducing this 21st century epidemic. This programme will offer insights into how to manage your life more effectively – both in your business and personal environments.
- To learn about the ‘Stress Response’ and the underlying mechanisms that cause it
- To identify personal and work-related stressors and their symptoms, so that personal action plans can be developed
- To explore and create effective stress management techniques that will help you regain control over your personal, family, and work-life
What You Will Gain
- An understanding of how to monitor stress and manage it more effectively
- Skills that will give you better control over your daily life
- Greater personal effectiveness
- Enhanced well-being, and a more satisfying lifestyle
- Some Facts And Statistics About Stress
- Sources Of Stress
- Sources Of Work Stressors
- The Manager’s Role In Recognising Their Employees’ ‘Stress Response’
- Personality And Stress
- The Stress Response
> The ‘Fight Or Flight’ Mechanism
- Recognising Stress In Other People
- Stress Symptoms Checklist
> The Holmes-Rahe Scale (Understanding The Impact Of Long-Term Stress)
> Stress Diaries (To Identify Short-Term Stress)
- Stress Management Techniques
> Changing Behaviour And Attitudes
> Action-Based Strategies
> Perception-Based Strategies
> Coping Strategies
> Relaxation And Sleep
> Self-Confidence And Self-Esteem
- Effective Time Management
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED 2,150/- + VAT, which includes – Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.