Who Should Attend?
This course is for experienced salespeople who manage key accounts, or regional business relationships. It is very important that those attending have already completed professional sales training, as this programme is focused on developing high level client relationships, and identifying key strategies to help delegates enhance their current sales techniques.
About The Programme
This programme focuses on creating a structure for account management personnel to develop a strategy to manage the critical customer relationships that ensure business success. This leads on to examining the operational processes required for effective account management and good working relationships between both parties. Techniques for increasing the penetration throughout the depth and breadth of the account are covered. In addition, the key issues of handling meetings, negotiations, building buyer needs, and understanding the emotional influencers which motivate people to buy, are also examined and discussed. The course is very practical in nature, and includes exercises, which give delegates the opportunity to reflect on how the subject matter relates specifically to their existing accounts. It also provides tips and ideas to assist delegates achieve successful high value account management.
- To consider the constantly changing role of the Key Account Manager
- To examine proven practice in the development of sales, which relies on creating effective business partnerships
- To be able to use techniques for achieving account goals and objectives
- To understand the strategic processes and operational objectives which lead to increased account penetration and maximum profit opportunities
- To develop a broader understanding of ‘customer behaviours’ and their impact on buying decisions
- To know how to handle an account meeting and the negotiations within it
What You Will Gain
- A clearly defined, and dynamic approach to enhancing your management of your Key Accounts not just for the present, but more importantly, for future business
- Tools to clearly identify your Key Accounts and how to segment them for maximum account management impact
- An insight into the key strategic and operational processes, as well as the marketing principles, that will enable delegates to understand the importance of getting their account strategy right
- Techniques for building the best relationships with your Key Accounts
- How Do We Define A ‘Key Account’?
- What Is Key Account Management?
- The Skills Of A Key Account Manager
- The ‘Stairway Of Influence’
- What Measurements Do We Use To Identify A Key Account?
> Situational Analysis
> Analysing Where You Currently Are With Your Key Accounts
> Developing Major Account Strategies
> A Strategy Matrix
> Where You Want To Be: A Positioning Statement
> Who Are The People You Need To Influence?
- Understanding Customer Needs
> Knowing Your Key Accounts
> The ‘Client Needs Pyramid’
> A Hierarchy Of Client Needs
> Defining Customer Needs
- Customer Needs And Marketing
> What Is ‘Marketing’?
> Marketing Vs Selling
> ‘The Marketing Mix’ Framework
> The Product Life Cycle
> Features, Advantages And Benefits
> Unique Selling Points (USPs)
> Asking The Right Questions
> Ways To Identify Customer Needs And Expectations
> Managing Customer Expectations
> Taking Ownership
- Building Best Relationships
> Building Partnerships
> Being A Professional ‘Value Creation Manager’
> Good / Bad Working Relationships
> Building Trust
> Handling Important Impressions
> Celebrating Success
- Meetings With Clients
> Preparing For Meetings
> Using The Agenda To Your Advantage
> Key Items To Be Covered In Account Meetings
> Designing And Presenting Winning Proposals
> Outcomes Of Negotiations
> Elements Of A Negotiation Plan
> Key Phases In Negotiating
> Variables In Negotiation
- Keeping Motivated
> Sales Motivation
- The Way Forward
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED 6,450/- + VAT, which includes – Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.