Who Should Attend?
This one-day introductory program is designed for people interested in creative and innovative approaches for their organization. HR specialists, team leaders, those tasked with leading change, and those wishing to shape organizational culture in a positive way, will find this to be a dynamic, and thought-provoking, workshop. It ‘demystifies’ the concept of Design Thinking. Participants will understand how Design Thinking approaches applied to business – empathy, insight, concept development, applied creativity, prototyping, and experimentation – can substantially improve the success rate for innovation within organizations.
About The Program
Design Thinking is a powerful process of problem solving, born out of Silicon Valley, California, that begins with understanding ‘unmet customer needs’. At its core, is a ‘human-centred’ approach to design that uses a tried and tested methodology to support and drive innovation and change. First used as a powerful product development tool, and later extended to user-centred service design, it has developed into a strategic approach to organizational transformation that can stimulate change and innovation, in any setting.
“When you grow up you tend to get told the world is the way it is, and your life is just to live your life inside the world. Try not to bash into the walls too much. Try to have a nice family life, have fun, save a little money. That’s a very limited life. Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact, and that is – everything around you that you call ‘life’, was made up by people who were no smarter than you. And you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use.”
The workshop is a practical and ‘immersive’ introduction to the fundamentals of Design Thinking. It discusses practical ways in which Design Thinking has led to innovative solutions and outcomes at companies such as Airbnb, Apple and Amazon, and introduces, and guides, participants through the key phases of the methodology and explains how Design Thinking can be applied in everyday life.
The workshop is valuable for those who want an overall idea about the strategic foundations of Design Thinking. By the end of the workshop all participants will be fully aware of the methodology and terminology that supports Design Thinking, and will have gained a clear understanding of why, and how, to apply it to make the transformation towards an inclusive, and forward-thinking organization.
- To understand the fundamentals of Human-Centred Design and Design Thinking Methodology
- To understand the cultural shift towards Design Thinking
- To learn the 5 Key Stages of Design Thinking
- To apply tried and tested techniques related to Design Thinking
- To learn ‘experientially’, working on a case study, how to apply the key tools and techniques used in Design Thinking
What You Will Gain
- The opportunity to understand the key concepts of Design Thinking
- An Increased confidence in your creative ability
- A roadmap of a tried and tested methodological approach for creative thinking and innovative solution finding
- Knowledge of how to apply Design Thinking
- Understanding ways of how to apply this knowledge and methodology in your own life, team, or organization
- Defining The ‘Buzz Words’… ‘Creativity’, ‘Innovation’ ‘Design’ And ‘Design Thinking’?
- Understanding Design Thinking In Both Business And Social Contexts
- Overview – The 5 Stages Of The Design Thinking Process
- Empathy Building – User Research
- Discovering User Insights
- Defining The Problem – Crafting A ‘How Might We’ Statement
- Developing Innovative Solutions – Prototyping
- Presenting Prototypes
- Testing And Feedback
- Beyond The Prototype – Planning For Implementation
- Understanding Pitfalls – When Organizations Fail To Implement Design Thinking Effectively
- Design Thinking At The Heart Of Organizational Innovation And Change
Please contact us for specific details on the courses we are running. Our Business Development Staff will be happy to provide you with further details.
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total ONLINE Investment: AED 1,450/- + VAT