Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for Employers, Managers, Supervisors, and anyone who works in a multi-cultural setting or leads a cross-cultural team. It is for anyone who wishes to learn more about cultural awareness and develop their ability to work with cross-cultural teams.
About The Program
Cultural sensitivity has become a vital component of day-to-day business activity. Good interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity are essential elements for highly productive employees. Being able to deal effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds is vital for success in today’s competitive global business environment.
This program provides you with the cultural awareness tools necessary to avoid causing unintentional offense or misunderstanding. It is designed to increase awareness of the potentially negative impact of stereotyping, and how tact, and a flexible approach to communications, can develop a winning formula within teams composed of different nationalities.
- To enable participants to gain a clear understanding of the multicultural issues at the workplace
- To recognize how these issues have potential to affect performance and interpersonal relationships
- To consider the role of good interpersonal skills in the multi-cultural workplace of the Gulf
- To encourage delegates to become aware of how they can more successfully operate within a multicultural environment
- To create a platform in which to work effectively in an interdependent way
What You Will Gain
- Techniques for improving the clarity of the message to be communicated within a cross-cultural team
- A clearer understanding of how your own culture influences your behavior, and how to maximize interactions with others
- Cultural Sensitivity
- What Is Culture?
- Understanding Different Aspects Of Culture
- Culture Shock
- Checking Your Own Cultural Openness
- Cross-Cultural Models
- Hofstede’s 5 Dimensions and Their Impact On Community
- The Lewis Model – Dimensions of Behavior
- Working With Cross-Cultural Teams
- Intercultural Interaction Model
- Cross-Cultural Competencies
- The Dangers Of Stereotyping
- Dealing With Stereotyping
- Understanding Different Perspectives
- Overcoming The Barriers To Effective Communication
- Tact & Diplomacy
- Language / Nuances
- Building Rapport With Different Nationalities
- Understanding Different Communication Styles
- Reducing Conflict Through Transactional Analysis
Please contact us for specific details on the courses we are running. Our Business Development Team will be happy to provide you with further details.
Before the course, each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course, each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total ONLINE Investment: AED 1,450 + VAT