Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at anyone in any commercial or project management position looking to gain insights into the drafting, interpretation, and management of contracts.
About The Program
A contract is required when two companies want to do business with each other. The contract specifies the activities and the terms which each partner needs to fulfill as part of their agreement. It is a powerful tool that can create a strong business relationship and pave the road to greater profitability over the long term. If not well planned and prepared, contracts can affect business profitability due to simple technicalities that may have been missed during the contracting process.
By learning the fundamental requirements of managing contract creation, execution and analysis, organizations can maximize their operational performance while reducing financial risk and building business relationships.
- To learn the contract management process
- To gain a broad understanding of contracts, their anatomy and terminology
- To review the drafting and interpretation of specific contract clauses, using real examples
- To learn the contract language for non-legal
What You Will Gain
- The different languages in a contract and ways to interpret the terms in a contract
- The causes of poor contract management practices, and how to avoid them
- The techniques that make a contract enforceable
- Introduction To Contract Management
- Contract Administration Vs. Contract Management
- Best Practices Of Contract Administration and Management
- Benefits Of Contract Management
- The Contract Management Process
- Contract Management Roles & Responsibilities
- Contract Management Success Factors
- Contract Risk Assessment
- The Contract Management Plan
- Causes Of Poor Contract Management Practices
- Value Engineering
- The Anatomy Of A Contract
- Legal Elements Of A Contract
- What Makes A Contract Void
- The Bare Bones Of A Contract
- The Structure Of A Contract
- Taxonomy Of Contracts
- What Makes A Contract Enforceable
- The Contract Standard Provisions
- Enforcement Clauses
- Execution Clauses
- Interpretation Clauses
- Definition And Examples Of Common Clauses
- Contract Breach And Common Remedies
- Contract Termination
- Contract Variations
- Case Studies
- Contract Language & Interpretation
- Language Of Performance
- Discretionary Language
- Language Of Declaration
- Language Of Policy
- Condition Vs Obligation
- Obligation Vs Covenant
- General Drafting Principles
- General Considerations
- Contract Language Practical Exercises
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED 4,300/- + VAT, which includes – Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.