Who Should Attend?
This course is essential for anyone who deals with different personalities and challenging, or difficult situations, in the workplace – whether they involve customers, managers, colleagues, etc.
About The Program
Assertiveness is a communication skill in the same way that ‘negotiating’, ‘delegating’, and other business associated skills are. It is a communication skill that enables people to be more confident, and develop the appropriate interpersonal skills for dealing with others. This course teaches you how to say the right thing at the right time – especially when interacting with aggressive, or difficult people. Assertiveness increases the chance of success in any communication situation.
- To increase self-esteem and self-confidence when dealing with difficult situations
- To be able to identify your own behavioural style and that of others
- To learn the difference between aggressive, passive, and assertive behaviours
- To learn how to use a variety of assertiveness techniques
- To improve communication and interpersonal skills
- To have the opportunity to practise new behaviours in a safe and supportive environment
What You Will Gain
- Increased self-esteem and confidence in your ability to deal with a variety of situations effectively
- The ability to deal with passive, or aggressive, people in an appropriate / positive manner
- An awareness of effective assertiveness techniques
- The communication skills necessary to be more assertive
- An opportunity to practise new behaviours, in a safe and supportive environment
- What Is ‘Assertiveness’?
> What It Is Not
> Why We Need It
- Behavioural Styles
> What Are The Indicators Of Each Style?
> Understanding How To Adapt To Each Style
> Practising How To Build Effective Relationships
- Communicating Effectively
> First Impressions
> Body Language
> Verbal Communication
> Listening Skills
> Assertiveness In Communication
> How To Be Assertive
- Assertiveness Techniques
> Positive Inner Dialogue
> The ‘Broken Record’ Technique
> Discrepancy Assertion
> Negative Feelings Assertion
> Saying ‘No’ Constructively
> The DESC Script (Describe, Explain, Say, Commitment)
- Transactional Analysis: Understanding How And When To Use It
- Workable Compromise
- Choosing Different Techniques To Handle Difficult Situations
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED 2,150/- + VAT, which includes – Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.