Who Should Attend?
Managers and staff who manage and contribute to projects of any size and duration who would like to familiarize themselves with the most common terms and current thinking about projects. This course is especially useful for those with no formal project management training, as it builds up the project management process from the fundamental principles.
About The Program
This project management course explains the fundamentals of managing a project, with a clear understanding of the project stages and the critical elements for timely project completion. Considering the dynamic business environment, managers need advanced decision-making skills to ensure the proper execution of any project.
In this project management course, you will also learn various techniques to reduce risks and manage stress, while optimizing the project team efforts. It also emphasizes the importance of people as a vital resource for any project.
- To identify the key activities that must be managed to ensure project success
- To understand all the steps involved in developing a new project, from beginning to end
- To identify and understand the importance of key people in every project
- To learn and develop the skills to create a complete project planning document
- To learn how to establish project deadlines
- To learn and develop the skills associated with effective project quality management
- To know the processes required to achieve timely completion of a project
- To identify, assess, and control risk throughout your projects
- To identify the Estimated Monetary Value (EMV) of a risk
- To accurately identify the total project cost
- To measure the progress of a project and estimate the cost at completion, by using Earned Value Management (EVM)
- To identify the key activities and components of successful project progress meetings
What You Will Gain
- A number of techniques for completing quality projects on time, within the estimated budget, and delivering on promised performance
- The communication skills necessary to get support and ‘buy-in’ for a project
- A recognition of the power of planning as a mechanism for achieving key results
- What Is ‘Project Management’?
- Features Of A Typical Project
- The Role Of The Project Manager
- Project Stakeholders
- Project Success Factors
- Stages Of A Project
- The Project Charter
- Scope Statement
- Order Of Magnitude
- Setting Objectives
- Project Feasibility
- Cost / Benefit Analysis And Investment Appraisal
- ROI (Return On Investment)
- Calculating Payback Period
- ARR (Annual Rate Of Return)
- NPV (Net Present Value)
- RR (Internal Rate Of Return)
- DCF (Discounted Cash Flow)
- Identifying Project Risks
- Project Approval
- Project Plan
- Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Activity Matrix
- Network Diagram
- Project Time Management
- Critical Path Analysis
- Gantt Charts
- Templates For Project Presentations
- Project Quality Management
- Project Risk Management
- Risk Magnitude
- Estimated Monetary Value (EMV)
- Project Execution
- Project Change Management
- Scope Change Vs ‘Scope Creep’
- Project Meetings
- Monitoring And Understanding Budgets
- Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Project Close-Down
- Negotiating Basics In Projects
- Project Management Quiz (Optional Module)
- Key Negotiation Principles For Managing Projects
Please contact us for specific details on the courses we are running. Our Business Development Team will be happy to provide you with further details.
Before the course, each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course, each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
For ILM Programs, each delegate will be required to attend a written one-hour assessment, at the end of the course. Delegates must achieve a 50% pass mark to receive an ILM Certificate.
Total ONLINE Investment: AED 4,350 + 500 (ILM Certificate Fee) + VAT