Who Should Attend?
This program is ideal for Non-Finance Managers who recognize that, to further their careers, they would benefit from a greater understanding of how the financial side of their business operates.
It is specially designed for those who are not working in a finance or accounting role, but who need to learn the basics of finance for their job. It may also be helpful for those who work in a junior role in the accounting sector, but who have never had any formal training. It has proved to be a very helpful and useful program for non-finance managers, sales and marketing personnel, account managers, senior sales executives, etc. This is because it gives the financial knowledge and insight to make better informed business decisions in their day-to-day work.
About The Program
Managers or Executives can be more productive if they have a clear understanding of the financial and commercial considerations that impact their business. This course is designed to fill the financial knowledge gap and acquire the practical skills of business finance, in a highly interactive manner. The jargon, conventions, and formats of accounting are translated into simple, easy-to-understand language. Case studies and practical exercises form an important part of this program. These are reinforced by Trainer-led discussions.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will feel more comfortable using financial terms, have a clearer understanding of what these terms mean, and most importantly, how they impact on the bottom line of any business.
- To understand and interpret a basic Profit and Loss Statement (Income Statement)
- To understand and interpret a basic Balance Sheet
- To understand Depreciation and Amortization
- To understand a simple Cash Flow Statement
- To assess ways of improving Working Capital
- To understand how to use Ratios to analyze a business
- To understand the different types of Costs (fixed / variable / semi-variable and direct / indirect)
- To use Break-Even Analysis
What You Will Gain
- Greater credibility with executives, managers, customers, distributors, and others who expect an understanding of financial matters in any business dealing
- A knowledge of the financial data required to make better business decisions
- As a Non-Finance Manager Or Executive to be able to contribute in your own right at a finance meeting
- A clearer understanding of the importance of good financial control in your company, or organization
- Understanding Key Financial Statements
- The Profit And Loss Statement
- The Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Statement And Forecast
- Understanding Income And Expenses Statement
- Gross Profit, Cost Of Goods Sold, And Net Profit
- Distinguishing Between Fixed And Current Assets, Current And Long-Term Liabilities, And Equity
- Depreciation And Amortization
- Causes Of Insolvency
- Ways To Improve Working Capital And Cash Flow
- Ratio Analysis
- Profitability Ratios
- Liquidity Ratios
- Efficiency Ratios
- Financial Risk Ratios
- Cost Types
- Fixed And Variable Expenses
- Direct And Indirect Expenses
- Break-Even Analysis
How the COVID-19 crisis impacts on the financial position, performance, and cash flows of your company / organization, and how it will be reflected in the financial statements, including issues such as cash flow, sales, expenses, assets, liabilities, etc.
Please contact us for specific details on the courses we are running. Our Business Development Team will be happy to provide you with further details.
Before the course, each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course, each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total ONLINE Investment: AED 2,900 + VAT