Who Should Attend?
This program is a ‘must’ for all managers, supervisors, team leaders, shift leaders, and support staff. No matter what your department or job function, being well organized pays off – for both the employer and the employee!
About The Program
When we are at work we all feel we are ‘busy’; but good companies and organizations make certain their employees are busy ‘doing the right things efficiently and effectively’ – i.e. ‘doing the right things, right’. This two-day course is the ideal way to learn and practise the skills of good planning. The program helps delegates understand the key elements of planning and organizing – and shows how they can be readily applied to the delegates’ work environments. It will help people interested in clearly identifying and prioritising the tasks and activities needed to achieve both business and personal goals.
- To understand the principles and importance of correct planning
- To have a clear understanding of the essentials of planning
- To enable delegates to set effective goals, using SMART(ER) objectives
- To learn to set objectives to aid in the achievement of the goals
- To organize and adapt plans for successful implementation
- To understand how to use planning tools such as Gantt Charts, etc.
- To understand and practise the principles of prioritising work effectively
- To learn personal organizing strategies to help with work-life balance
- To learn how to organize your office, computer, and paperwork
- To practise the skills of planning and organizing in a controlled environment
What You Will Gain
- A range of tools and techniques to assist in planning and prioritising your workload
- A number of techniques that will help you remain focused on productive work for a greater proportion of your time
- The ability to plan your own, and your team’s work
- Greater confidence and control over your immediate work environment
- Defining Planning And Organizing
- The Planning Cycle
- Defining Objectives
- Setting Goals
- Planning Tools
> Mind Mapping
> Gantt Chart
> Guidelines To Ensure Successful Planning And Implementation
- Prioritising Workload For Effectiveness And Efficiency
> The Concept Of Prioritising
> The Pareto Principle
- Key Elements Of Planning And Organizing Your Workspace
> Relating Planning To The Work Situation
> Office Design And Organization
> Relating Organizing To The Work Situation
> Organizing Your Computer
> Dealing With Paperwork And Administration
- ‘Work Smarter, Not Harder’
- Tips For Work-Life Balance
- Handling Delegation
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED 4,300/- + VAT, which includes – Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.