Financial Awareness For The Non-Financial Person
'Everything You Need To Know About Business Finance For The Non-Financial Person'
Who Should Attend?
This programme is ideal for those who recognise that to further their careers, they would benefit from a greater understanding of how the financial side of their business operates. It is specially designed for those who are not working in a finance or accounting role, and also for those who do, but have never had any formal training. It will be helpful for managers, sales and marketing personnel, account managers, and executives, as it will provide them with the basis to make more informed business decisions, become more effective in their current roles, and prepare them for promotion.
About The Programme
All employees can be even more productive, if they have a clear understanding of the financial and commercial considerations, that impact their business. This course is designed to fill this particular knowledge gap in a fast-moving, interactive format that focuses on practical knowledge.
The jargon, conventions, and formats of accounting are translated into simple, easy to understand language. Upon completion of the course, delegates will feel comfortable using financial terms, have a clear understanding of what they mean, and how they impact on the bottom line of a business.
Case studies and practical exercises form an important part of this programme. These are reinforced by Trainer-led discussions. There is extensive use of calculators, which will be provided by Spearhead.
- To understand and interpret a basic Profit & Loss Statement (Income Statement)
- To understand and interpret a basic Balance Sheet
- To understand the concept of Accrual Accounting and how it differs from Cash Accounting
- To understand Depreciation and Amortisation
- To understand a simple Cash Flow Statement
- To assess ways of improving Working Capital
- To understand how to use Ratios to analyse a business
- To understand the different types of Costs (fixed / variable / semi-variable and direct / indirect)
- To use Break Even Analysis
- To understand different sources of business financing
- To understand different budgeting techniques
- To use Variance Analysis to assess budget performance
- To apply and assess the merits of key Investment Appraisal Techniques - Return On Investment (ROI)
- To evaluate the importance of non-financial factors affecting investment decisions
What You Will Gain
- Greater credibility with executives, managers, customers, distributors, and others who expect an understanding of financial matters in any business dealing
- A knowledge of the financial data required to make better business decisions
- To be able to contribute in your own right at a finance meeting
- A clearer understanding of the importance of good financial control in your company, or organization
- Understanding Key Financial Statements
>The Profit And Loss Statement
>The Balance Sheet
>Cash Flow Statement And Forecast
- Understanding Income And Expenses Statement
- Gross Profit, Cost Of Goods Sold, And Net Profit
- Accrual-Based Accounting
- Distinguishing Between Fixed And Current Assets, Current And Long-Term Liabilities, And Equity
- Depreciation And Amortisation
- Causes Of Insolvency
- Ways To Improve Working Capital And Cash Flow
- Ratio Analysis
>Financial Risk Ratios
- Horizontal And Vertical (Sizing) Analysis
- Cost Types
>Fixed And Variable Expenses
>Direct And Indirect Expenses
- Break Even Analysis
- Basic Pricing Strategies
- Markup Vs Gross Margin
- Upselling And Cross-Selling
- Budget Basics And Budget Review (Variance Analysis)
- Sources Of Financing
>Internal Vs External
>Short, Medium, And Long-Term Sources
>Factors Affecting The Choice
>Borrowing Vs Issuing Shares
- Investment Appraisal Techniques
>Average Rate Of Return
>Net Present Value (Present Value And Discounted Cash Flow)
>Internal Rate Of Return
- Other Factors Affecting Investment Decisions
Delegate spaces available on the following course dates:
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 6,450/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch & Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.