Writing Effective Policies & Procedures
'Learn The Key Skills To Develop Effective Policies & Procedures For Any Industry'
Who Should Attend?
Staff responsible for writing policies and procedures as part of their job, will benefit from this programme. You will learn how to write clear and effective policies and procedures. The programme will offer templates, exercises, and plenty of brainstorming, to help you write clear policies and procedures. It will also help you to apply writing processes and edit checklists of your organization's policies and procedures, enabling you to feel confident you are producing top-quality documents.
About The Programme
This programme includes writing procedures that translate policy into 'action', and techniques for ensuring that policies and procedures are accepted by those who use them. In addition, consultation and communication strategies will be addressed. The programme is 'experiential' in nature, using real-life scenarios and case studies. Delegates will also be given models and checklists for future use and reference.
- To identify the necessity for having organizational policies and procedures
- To understand the differences between policies and procedures
- To understand the link between an organization's values, and its policies and procedures
- To identify the relation between having effective policies and procedures, and the overall performance of any organization
- To learn the process of writing effective policies and procedures
- To examine writing formats and writing styles
- To practise writing clear, effective policies and procedures
- To understand the necessity of regularly updating and revising policies and procedures
What You Will Gain
- An appreciation of the need to establish new policies and procedures, as well as review and revise existing ones
- A clear understanding of the principles, guidelines, formats, and writing styles of effective policies and procedures
- Practical experience in writing policies and procedures
- An understanding of policy and procedure implementation techniques, including communication and training strategies
- Defining Policies And Procedures
- Discover The Needs For, And Benefits Of, Good Policies And Procedures
- How Policies And Procedures Flow From An Organization's Basic Values
- When Do You Need A Policy Or Procedure?
- How Policies And Procedures Relate To Both Internal And External Customers
- Types Of Policies And Procedures: Board Policies, Management Policies, HR Policies, Etc.
- Steps To Create Policies And Procedures
- Useful Writing Style Techniques
- Formats For Policies And Procedures
- Developing Procedures
>Reasons For Writing A Procedure
>Who Should Assist When Writing A Procedure?
>Benefits Of Writing A Procedure As A Team
>Using Flow-Charts For Writing Policies And Procedures
>Testing Policies And Procedures
- Preparing A Policies And Procedures Manual
>Physical Design Considerations
>Table Of Contents
>Policies And Procedures
- Implementing Policies And Procedures
>Updates And Changes
- Policy And Procedure Checklist
- Transferring Learning To The Workplace
Delegate spaces available on the following course dates:
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 4,300/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.