'Learn The Skills Of Effectively Managing A Professional Office And Team'
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for anyone responsible for the planning and organizing of an office environment, and / or a team of people, e.g. office managers or executive assistants. This programme will provide new skills and develop confidence to be able to run a smoother operation, and manage a diverse team.
About the Programme
This three-day programme allows participants to see clearly how offices can be run efficiently and effectively. By exploring and developing management skills, understanding leadership, effective communication, time management, recruitment, planning and organizing, office managers and senior level administrators can improve business processes. It will also improve procedures and internal systems, ensuring their organization is working at maximum capability.
- To understand the roles and responsibilities of an office manager
- To understand the function of an office manager as a leader
- To understand the challenges of leadership and determine your own leadership style
- To understand the different personalities within the team and how to motivate them
- To examine recruitment procedures and understand how to identify the competencies required for the position
- To ensure the smooth running of the office at all times
- To be aware of, and deal with, health, safety, and environmental issues at work
- To understand the importance of effective office policies and procedures
- To understand the most effective document management system and adapt this to your business needs
- To learn to manage time more effectively, using planning and organizing skills
- To enhance communication skills in a multicultural workplace
- To develop and use effective assertiveness skills
- To learn to deal with difficult people, manage upwards, and manage your manager
What You Will Gain
- An understanding of the necessary leadership skills to manage a diverse team
- Awareness of different personalities and ways of effectively communicating with them, motivating, and empowering them
- The ability to administratively manage an office effectively
- Effective ways to schedule your time and prioritise your daily life
- The confidence and ability to implement the tools and techniques of the programme to increase your effectiveness and efficiency
- Your Role And Responsibilities As The Office Manager
- Competencies Of An Office Manager
- The Office Manager As A Leader
> Organizational And Office Ethics
> How Ethical Are You?
> Ethical Decision Making Activity
- Examining Company Structures & Organization Charts
- Recruitment & Selection
> Job Descriptions
> Competencies Required For Individual Positions
> Interviewing Techniques
- Office Administration
> Office Layout
> Health & Safety
> Ensuring Smooth Office Operations
> Dealing With Paper Flow
- Document Management Systems
- DAY TWO
- Policies & Procedures
> Why They Are Important & How To Communicate Them Effectively
> How To Write Them
- The Planning Process
- Setting Objectives
- Brainstorming & Mind Mapping
- Time Management
> Using Technology In Time Management
- Prioritising Tasks By Urgency & Importance
- Identifying Time Wasters
- Dealing With Interruptions
- Presentation Of Delegation Techniques
> The 'Willing And Able' Table
> Checklist For Effective Delegation
- DAY THREE
- How & Why Do We Communicate?
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Barriers To Communication & Overcoming Them
- Gaining Attention & 'Connecting With People'
- Powerful Questioning & Listening Skills
- Email Etiquette
- Understanding Cultural Differences
- Understanding Different Personalities & How To Communicate With, Motivate, & Empower Them
- Understanding Assertiveness Techniques
> Using And Evaluating Different Techniques
> Transactional Analysis
- Dealing With Difficult People & Situations
> Role-Plays And Case Studies To Demonstrate, Practise, And Evaluate Effectiveness
> Managing Conflict Effectively
> Managing Upwards
Delegate spaces available on the following course dates:
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 6,450/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch & Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.