Leading High Performance Teams
'Strong Teams Mean Strong Business Performance'
Who Should Attend?
Managers, supervisors, and team leaders who are responsible for building and maintaining effective teams in the workplace.
About The Programme
Successful teams are created when the leader provides a clear sense of purpose, while focusing on building an environment where members are empowered, motivated and challenged, and where individuals feel their strengths are being capitalised on. 'High Performance Teams' always look for ways to improve their business performance, which distinctly separates them from others. Open and effective communication is one of the central keys to successfully leading these teams. During this two-day course, delegates will explore the key principles and techniques in a risk-free environment that will help them develop a winning formula with their teams.
- To clearly identify the principle characteristics of high performing teams
- To provide a powerful platform on which delegates can build and develop effective team leadership skills
- To explore the different team leadership styles and learn the team role preferences of the delegates
- To examine the skills required for effective communication within teams
- To analyse the qualities required to lead a team towards consistent levels of high performance
What You Will Gain
- A clear definition of what is a 'High Performance Team'
- An understanding of leadership principles and techniques that build strong teams
- An insight into the behaviours, skills, qualities, etc., of leaders of successful high performing teams
- An awareness of your own management style
- An understanding of team dynamics and 'the cycle of team development'
- An awareness of team roles and how they influence team performance
- You will learn about the essential processes of good team communication
- You will explore how to deal with challenging team situations
- What Is 'High Performance'?
- What Are The Characteristics That Make 'High Performing Teams' Different From Other Teams?
- Defining Leadership
- The Behaviours, Skills, Qualities, Etc., Needed To Lead A High Performance Team
- Skills To Be A Better Leader
- Practical Examples Of Leadership In Action
>Redefining - What Can We Do Better?
- Creating An Environment For High Performance
- How Do We Measure Performance?
- Willingness Vs Ability
>What Is Motivation?
>Benefits Of Motivation
>Signs Of Demotivation
>Brainstorm Ideas To Better Motivate Your Team On A Zero Budget
- Coaching Vs Counselling
>When And Where We Coach
>Benefits Of Coaching
>Time For Counselling
>Coaching Vs Mentoring Vs Training
- Giving And Receiving Feedback
>A Formula For Giving Feedback
>How To Ensure Your Team Is Ready For Feedback
- A Reminder Of The Characteristics Of High Performance Teams
>How To Delegate
>Levels Of Delegation
- Where Is Your Team Focused?
- A Closer Look At Communication
>The Communication Process
>The First Impressions
- Setting Goals And Objectives
>Benefits Of Objective Setting
>Difficulties Associated With Objective Setting
- Solving Problems Associated With Performance
- Active Listening
- Overcoming The Barriers To Effective Communication
- Good Questioning Techniques
- Team Building Activity
Delegate spaces available on the following course dates:
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
Total Investment: AED / QR 4,300/- which includes - Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.