Who Should Attend?This course is for those people who want to understand how to communicate effectively with their customers, their staff, their colleagues, and their managers.
About The Programme
- To set clear guidelines for effective communication
- To consider the role of good interpersonal skills in the multicultural workplace of the Gulf region
- To understand different behavioural styles and learn to modify your behaviour to achieve best results
- To understand how to stay present ‘in the moment’, ‘listen for intent’, and influence your listener positively
- To understand how to communicate effectively when the stakes are high, and you need to neutralise arguments effectively
- To understand how to give and receive constructive feedback as a way to build better relationships
- To demonstrate assertive behaviour
- To make use of all of the above skills to ensure effective teamwork
- To create individual action plans for ongoing personal development
- Increased self-awareness of different behavioural styles
- An understanding of how to adapt your style to interact effectively with others
- An understanding of communication errors and how to prevent them
- The ability to develop positive interpersonal relationships through effective communication techniques
- What Is Effective Communication?
- Factors Affecting Communication
> How A Message Flows
> Barriers To Communication And How To Overcome Them
- The Dynamics Of Face-To-Face Communication
> Body Language - 'The Hidden Communicator'
> Tone Of Voice
> The Power Of Language In Communication
- Ensuring Effective Two-Way Communication
> Developing Good Listening Skills
> Asking The Right Questions
> Transmitting Your Message Accurately
- The Effectiveness Of Good Written Communication
- Understanding Different Perspectives And Viewpoints
- Communication Styles And The Appropriate Use Of Them
> The Differences Between Aggressive, Assertive, And Passive Behaviour
> Assertiveness Techniques
- Behaviour Style Analysis - Amiable, Expressive, Analyst, Driver
> Knowing Your Style
> Understanding Others' Styles
> Adapting Styles To Interact Better With Others
- Building The Best Relationships By Making Use Of Powerful Communication Techniques
- The Johari Window
> Know Yourself
> Know How To Build Relationships With Others
> How To Use Feedback Techniques To Develop Better Relationships
- The Use Of Emotions As A Source Of Valuable Information
- Giving And Receiving Feedback
- Assessing Your Own Performance Through Feedback And Reflection
Before the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Pre-Course Briefing Form to determine their individual objectives for attending the course. These objectives will be used by the Tutor to give on-target training that is focused on the individual delegates.
At the end of the course each delegate will be asked to complete a Personal Development Plan that can be used as part of future appraisals, and that will also be an important tool for management reference.
End of course ILM Assessment: each delegate will be required to do a written one-hour Assessment at the end of the course. Delegates must get a 50% pass mark to receive an ILM Certificate.
Total Investment: AED 4,600/- + VAT (applicable as of 1st January 2018), which includes - ILM Registration, Training Materials, Lunch and Refreshments. Discount available for multiple bookings.